Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in their own doctrine?

by God_Delusion 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

They believe whatever the org. tells them.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Some think they do, some don't really care.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

It's already been said but I will say it again....many don't even KNOW their own doctrine.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As I said on another thread, it would be great if we could get the public to challenge them on this by asking what are the unique beliefs and where are they plainly taught in the Bible.

The JW would scurry away promising to return, which of course they won't do, then the HH should call them arrogant and rude for knocking under false pretences, trying to give the impression they know what the "Truth" is and they can't even explain it !

Perhaps I will produce a little leaflet explaining this technique to the Public and distribute it locally, some people may try it.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

they don't believe in doctrine, they are "waiting on jehovah" (aka "faithful and discrete slave" aka 8 old farts in brooklyn most of them don't even know). but they just know it's the truth. no matter what.

• hoser
    hoser

Many get very uncomfortable when the idea of an overlapping generation is talked about

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

I think the majority believe the "core truths" (no hell or trinity, living forever on Earth, Jehovah is biblegod's name, etc.). Beyond the basics though, I think many see the doctrines as irrelevant and shrouded in a foggy haze through which even the GB can't see clearly (as evinced by the constant changes: "Look, it's a bird; no it's a plane; no it's Jehovah's guidance!")

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

This question has puzzled me for ages...for instance, my mother has been building

up her pension for years. I never understood why -- that is if she REALLY believed

the doctrine. I think deep down she doesn't but she will never admit it.

• hoser
    hoser

my mother has been building

up her pension for years.

exactly diana

they don't believe it themselves or they wouldn't be doing it

the best one I hear repeatedly is the circuit overseer saying to the young brothers to reach out because the elder body and ms are getting old and need to be replaced

he is admitting that he doesn't believe the end will come anytime soon

they talk out of both sides of their mouth

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I must say I fell into a mixture of Black Sheep and mcmcroberts comments ... the core was certain so it was the truth, things that didn't make sense didn't matter and would be clarified in time ... perhaps even not until the "new system" ... sometimes even had to use that theocratic warfare in convincing myself to hang in there LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit