wts made a video about masturbation IN SIGN LANGUAGE, WITH GESTURES

by rebel8 293 Replies latest members adult

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Let's not forget that this is the same organization that had us sing this lovely lyric:

"Around me swarms the Devil's crowd Like bees that were molested.
    But I can ever beat them off, Beneath divine protection."

Song #125 in the previous to the current song book

There's nothing like "beating off" a bee that's been "molested".

Even at my most Kool-Aid indoctrinated moment I always thought that was such a WTF! thing to have in a "song of praise".

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

PRICELESS!!!!

• poppers
    poppers

I know that facial expressions are part of signing, but they seemed way over the top and rather creepy. The hand sign that gave me the biggest pause was the one that looked like "fisting"

Edit: oops, my bad. I was looking at #23, the one about divorce and separation. Still looks creepy though.

2nd Edit: I can't stop laughing - the facial expression are priceless, and creepy.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Wow...this is the funniest thread to wake up to. Holy crap, the facial expressions of these guys cracked me up. I think someone should make a youtube video highlighting the ridiculousness of this. I would imagine it would fall under fair use, if they were small clips. If I didn't know it was real I would have thought it was a joke.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

---- Dup. post. oops. ----

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In my meaningless estimation, they should have gone with spelling. Their videos are meant to set a standard for dubs, just like they use their ragazines to set a standard for dubsian English conversation. In English, we use "masturbation" because the word is a far removed construct from what the actual action involves... (master-bay-shun, no direct terms involving sexual activity). If they decide that they should use graphic gestures for ASL, they should equally use accurately discriptive words in English, instead of "masturbation", they should say "rub your [insert term for 'junk' such as c@ck/pu$sy here]", "jack off", "chock the chicken", or one of the dozens of other expressions commonly used in the vernacular.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Agreed with Quendi.

It seems when they DON'T discuss sex, they make something natural, unnatural and shameful.

When they DO discuss about sex, it's equally inappropriate.

ASL is very visual and graphic. It's no different than what children today become accustomed to HEARING at a very young age, even under proper circumstances.

(I don't agree with their reasoning on the matter in of itself.)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the second guy looks like he was really getting into it, most likely had a Woody after he finished and I bet

he himself pulls his pud on regualr basis.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another reason why JW teenagers get married at too young of age, impressed guilt of masturbation and impressed guilt about pre-marital sex.

And you wonder why the divorce rate is so high in young adolescent JWS.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to thank everyone again for their comments because they have been very helpful to me. I liked what Lady Lee and 00DAD shared about alternative ways of signing for sensitive terms or simply spelling them out in place of signing them. What I’ve appreciated most about this thread has been the way we have asked questions, allowed room for others’ opinions, and then responded to our friends in a respectful way. We all know this would not happen in a Witness gathering.

You know, 00DAD, I always thought the same thing about song #125, but I kept those thoughts to myself. Is it in the current songbook? Looking back now I have to wonder if the composer wasn’t having a good laugh at the WTS and its membership. Maybe it was written by someone who spoke English as a second language and so didn’t understand the double-entendre he had put into it. Either way, it still had to be approved by the Governing Body and they let it stand. Makes you wonder…

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit