Bethel health insurance

by roybatty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

As stupid as pioneer is being about having a "conversation", he's (or she) is right. These are things that are told to the newly arrived volunteers. They all take the vow of poverty.

My sister was in Bethel for about 6 years before she married and did not get accepted as a "couple". So they also got the boot.
    Luckily they both already had college degrees under their belts so they did not have such a tough time when they left.

Mav.-

• roybatty
    roybatty

Just making someone known about a situation doesn’t absolve them of responsibility. Perhaps in the business word it does but what about in a place where you call the people around you “family.” To have a couple work for a company for years (making nothing) and then to “give them the boot” when they need help is wrong. It’s just too bad that more JWs aren’t aware of how things work.
    But I know, I’m preaching to the choir.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

I believe the vow of poverty thing started in the late 1980's because they made me sign one when I was at Bethel then. I believe it was to help them with the tax situation for the individual Bethelites.

I tell people that the only vow that I made that I have not broken since leaving the JWs is that one. :)

Jeff S.

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

roybatty:
    we are aware.

• LDH
    LDH

NYTelecomPioneery, we still know who "U" are.

Roy, just wondering--could this be their excuse for getting the hell out of Bethel and starting a real life?

Perhaps you could ask some questions. NOBODY gets pregnant after ten years of living in Bethel "by mistake." [8>]

Mav--lucky for your sister they didn't get accepted as a couple. Is she still in The Spoof Truth?

Lisa

• Black Man
    Black Man

Hey Pioneeryr,
    What year(s) were you at Bethel and what department did you work in?

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

Black Man:
    why?

• JT
    JT

PIONEER

i was at bethel as well, good to see some of the bethelites venturing out onto "Apostates" sites

man you know times have changed when even bethelites don't care what the FDS says about hanging out with DFed DAed and those classified as apostates

yep more and more jw are simply disregarding what the WT claims to be - the mouthpc of god

welcome Pioneer

• roybatty
    roybatty

LDH,

You may be right, I'm just not exactly sure. Both of them are die hard JW's but I know that my sis never really liked being so far from home. I haven't spoken with them for nearly two years, I can only hope that they have opened their minds.

• troll101
    troll101

hey roy boy
    from your pic

maybe she is afraid to get the mumps.
    how long have you had em?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit