Bethel health insurance

by roybatty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

When I was at Bethel and I asked about health insurance (after I got there because Bethel is not up front about these things.), I was never given a straight answer. So, my father bought a health insurance policy for me. We kept that quiet because I know others who bethelites who would buy their own policies and would be scolded for not being "satisfied with Jehovah's provisions."

So, unless things have changed ALOT over the last few years, I suspect that those individuals who are leaving because they are with child are on their own financially.

And....the pioneeryr poster has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

Jeff S.

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

I served.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Here's what they were told ...

"Hi Bro/Sis Served Here For 10 Years ... What? You got PREGNANT!?"

"Well, don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out"

"Hope you can get welfare when you get home - oh you can't afford to get home? Better check into the local welfare office then"

"Don't worry Jehovah will provide!"

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

namewitheld:
    your mistaken

• roybatty
    roybatty

Well, I’m sure that my parents will cover their medical costs. It actually makes me chuckle and shake my head when I think about it. They took this vow of poverty yet they drove a nice Japanese luxury sedan, vacationed in the Caribbean and wore the nicest of clothes. Kind of a side point but when I was being disassociated my sister wrote me a letter from Bethel saying that she will no longer talk to me but if I wanted to continue to send her money to support her full time volunteer work, I was welcome to! LOL!
    Practically going to Bethel right after high school and being there for well over 10 years I think my brother in law is in for a real eye opener. I can’t even imagine what kind of job skills he has. Well, I wish them both good luck because they’ll need it.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Oh I'm mistaken am I? So tell me, just WHAT exactly is the WTBTS going to do for roybatty's bro/sis-in-law? Pay their airfare home? Give the 6 months of extended medical coverage to help them while they get re-established in reality?

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

namewitheld:
    were they told that?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Pio: Could you tell us something about your experience? I'm curious.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Hey Pio! Try going for a reply with more than 6 words in it! Come on!

YOU CON DO IT!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

dutchie:
    no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit