Bethel health insurance

by roybatty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Question for any ex-Bethelites….or anyone else who might know.
    After “serving” (aka being slaves) at the Brooklyn Bethel my sister and brother in law are leaving because she is pregnant. I’m just curious about something. How long is it normally in such circumstances before a couple leaves? And knowing how expensive it is to give birth to a child, will this medical expense be covered by Brooklyn?
    In years gone by when I visited them, I never saw a single pregnant “sister” at Bethel, so I imagine that they are asked to leave quickly. I can’t imagine that Bethel is that cruel that they would kick them out and have them pay for their own medical expenses. $90.00 a month (or whatever it is) won’t go very far. Heck, at that rate, one couldn’t even afford a vet!

• felix a
    felix a

No they won't be covered or helped out by Bethel with any if the ensueing medical costs. Unless things have radically changed in ther last 2 years Bethel self insures only those at Bethel. And even then as a Bethelite you will find yourself picking up part of the tab.

felix a

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

• messenger
    messenger

When a bethelite becomes pregnaunt it is a one way ticket home, no benefits, no insurance, no compensation. You are completely on your on, you better hope you have family that can take care of you.

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

they knew that before they went

• moman
    moman

pion,
    Yup, they knew that before they went, lol!
    Most Dubs are sent to Bethel by their parents after being brainwashed, what the heck do they know?
    Like the Catholics who think (not so much any more) that if they send one child to the convent etc., that they will have some clout with God.
    Face it, the WT is just a COLD, UNCARING,corporation!

• pioneeryr
    pioneeryr

wrong.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Oh well, armageddon will certainly be here before she gives birth, so by then everything will be just grand and she can pop that puppy out on the side of the field and just keep on working.

• sf
    sf

Pio,

Did you write this, (from the site pulled off the photo props)?:

The Spiritual Education of Children

The initial letter in this thread has been
    adapted from a private letter to a friend.

You asked me to write you about the spiritual and religious development of children, and mentioned that you are helping a friend whose position is such that she must avoid controversial stands, but is deeply serious about the questions we are considering here.

There is an old story, called "The Wise Smuggler," that has been told in many different ways:

< http://www.silcom.com/~timber/spiriteduc.html

<

Love the pic by the way. It's very busy. Much for the mindseye to capture and behold. Thank you for sharing it.

sKally:

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• pioneeryr
  • sf
    sf

Do you know the gentleman who wrote this?:

Downsizing America

< http://www.silcom.com/~timber/downsizing.html

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit