Governing Body Public Address - today!

by diamondblue1974 47 Replies latest jw friends

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Yet his plans can easily be derailed by a naked lady and a talking snake!

True of all of us!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Konceptual, I'm not calling you out at all but do you have any more information on this?
    Thanks

NP - I have friends in the Hastings area and the circuit there is smaller than others as the CO goes off to the middle east to do their CO visits. I could find out the name of the last CO there but it's all due for the three year change this September.

There are other COs responsible for foreign language circuits. I know Peter Morgan did this recently.

• Heaven
    Heaven

konceptual99 said: Oh, and Jehovah can measure the universe in the span of his hand. I guess his hand must be getting bigger.

Now this is funny!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

the CO goes off to the middle east to do their CO visits. I could find out the name of the last CO there but it's all due for the three year change this September

Thanks for that. Firstly, nice work if you can get it and secondly, I wonder if this is permissable under the terms of their registration as a UK charity. Presumably the CO is funded via contributaions made in the UK and intended for the 'public benefit' in the UK.

Hmmm, quick query to the Charity Commission I think . . . .

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

My mother only gave me a highly sanitised version of the 3 hour talk. Since then I've been chatting with another xJW on the phone and her view is that it's mainly been to announce the beginning of persecution (which is likely to be because the UK Charities Commission is crawling all over them because of their mismanagement of issues of child abuse).

This also would be one of the reasons why they have announced that they are not just recruiting but helping people to live better lives in accordance with the bible. We'd be forgiven for thinking that this is a cynical attempt to bring into play new 'charitable aims'

Not that I'm cynical or anything 😝

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Thanks for that. Firstly, nice work if you can get it and secondly, I wonder if this is permissable under the terms of their registration as a UK charity. Presumably the CO is funded via contributaions made in the UK and intended for the 'public benefit' in the UK.
    Hmmm, quick query to the Charity Commission I think . . . .

I don't know all the rules but I can't see that one having any traction. There are loads of UK charities that do work in the UK and abroad - Children in Need, Oxfam etc. spring to mind.

There is oodles of WT cash flowing out of the UK to other branches all around the world. Not only that but it is completely within a charity's remit to send officials abroad for all sorts of reasons.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Three straight hours of Lett, Splain, and Morris...

• zeb
    zeb

A few of the greatest talks that were ever given;

• The Gettysburg address by Abraham Lincoln
    • The sermon on the mount by Jesus
    • the "Battle of Britain" speech by Churchill
    • that famous address by Martin Luther King.
    • the inauguration speech of Nelson Mandela

I understand none went over 20 minutes.

The wts has never given any credence to the three rules of public speaking,

1. stand up
    2. speak up
    3. shut up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit