Anyone care to guess the age of this baptismal candidate?

by cedars 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

13-14, or a year or so either side.

He's growing fast. Look at his wrists. Looks like he's growing out of those sleeves in a suit bought specially for the occasion but a few weeks ago. I know that stage very well, and with my sons it varied between 12 and 16.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Ditto to OODAD too f**king young. I was 14 when I was dunked. In the cong that I was in that had about 80 publishers 13 kids were baptized all around my age. It was a huge push to get your kid dunked that summer. We were like our own little club. The kids that did not get baptized were looked down on and labeled bad association. Looking back it was sick. There was a mind set back then (this was 1969) that if you waited in to your later teens or gawd forbid your 20"s you were a doubter, worldly, and immature. It was a numbers game and remember folks that is when the whole 1975 thing started rumbling.

• stillin
    stillin

I'd say he'll be 35 before he figures out what happened.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I go way back in the cult and I remember the WT saying that they didn't baptize new borns the way the Catholic and other churches do...I can't recall them ever saying that it was wrong to baptize children...Of course the perfect example is Jesus being baptized at 30, but when you bring this up they will say that he was allready dedicated at birth as an Israelite and his baptism as a mature adult had a different meaning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit