No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Oh that's a good point, I can confirm that at the DC I went to nothing was said as usual about loving arrangements in place for next years conventions.

• trebor
    trebor

Highly doubtful in light of the new brochure ('Who's doing Jehovah's Will Today' or something like that?) their pushing, it specifically mentioned three day district assemblies, no?

EDIT: Looked over the brochure, "Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today?" - Page 11 - "Why Do We Attend Large Assemblies?"

First paragraph mentions "three-day district convention"...

This is a brand new release, very doubtful the planning has become that horrible (At least not yet).

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT is going to do away with DCs and thereby lessen debt. WT is going to increase seating capacity at all current and future circuit assembly halls. WT is also going to increase the amount of debit/credit card ATM stations at circuit assembly hall sites for the purpose of increasing revenue.

I would say that money has more influence on how the WTBTS operates than Holy Spirit!

• sir82
    sir82
    This is a brand new release, very doubtful the planning has become that horrible (At least not yet).

Lately it seems they make some rather sudden & abrupt shifts. A recent KM mentioned how Gilead school still had the purpose of "training missionaries", and they had to send out a letter to the BOEs to correct it when that part of the KM was considered in a service meeting.

Remember there is a bit (or a bit more than a bit) of rancor between the writing & service departments. It would not surprise me in the writing dept. was the last to know of proposed changes for next year, after they had sent the final content of the new brochure to printing.

• trebor
    trebor

Lately it seems they make some rather sudden & abrupt shifts. A recent KM mentioned how Gilead school still had the purpose of "training missionaries", and they had to send out a letter to the BOEs to correct it when that part of the KM was considered in a service meeting.

Remember there is a bit (or a bit more than a bit) of rancor between the writing & service departments. It would not surprise me in the writing dept. was the last to know of proposed changes for next year, after they had sent the final content of the new brochure to printing.

Good points. I will hold off though until something more "official"...

I still remember how certain the 'no more CO and/or DO' rumors were...lol.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

For the love of Momma let this be true.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

This is a cost saving measure.

The Org is realizing that if they reduce the lenght of DC's their costs will go down, but more often than not, Jdubs will contribute the same as they always do. It's the same concept with reducing the amount of pages per magazine - reduced cost, but same donation amount.

This is a typical business decision of big corporations to increase profit. This is why companies reduce the size of their product, often under the disguise of being "concentrated". They know that people will use the same amount regarless and thus pay the same amount for less.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

This is a great rumor..very happifying indeed! I sure hope it's true. But as another mentioned the byebye CO/DO rumer kind of fizzled. The OP seems like he had a conversation from someone who is in the 'know'.

Just want to keep this bumped, so someone else out there (maybe a high ranking lurker) can join JWD and confirm or deny...come on' just do it.

• Incognito
    Incognito

I believe assemblies/conventions will continue to be shorter in duration as the W/T is running out of things to say and witnesses are tuning-out that which they've already heard 100 times over.

There had been a prior post where it was mentioned that DC's would soon be held at Assembly Halls. I recall that it was over 1 year ago. I searched but cannot find that thread.

Perhaps the SAD will be discontinued?? (speculation)

I too think that the mid-week days might be utilized as DCs had previously been held through the week. As the DCs are generally scheduled during summer months when most people schedule their vacations and children are on school break, W/T would expect JWs to schedule their vacation time when the DC is being held.

I think another component of utilizing Assembly Halls is the ability to accept digital payments through Debit/Credit machines. Debit/Credit payments may be working so well that income brought in through digital access may be greater than the old cash method. I doubt that implimenting this means of payment is easy within a rented venue, especially when utilizing numerous machines which are decentralized throughout the entire facility. One alternative is cellular data access but this is an additional cost and signal coverage may be probelmatic depending on the venue. If the digital payment machines are already set-up at the assembly halls as I understand they now are, they could be utilized more often at little additional cost.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They could still have a 3 day assembly but shorten each days program and have the assembly in shifts. 7am to noon for one group and a second shift could hear the program from Noon to 4. Or they could have week day programs that require retired persons, weekend workers, unemployed persons or stay at home Mom's/Dads attend them rather than clog up the weekends when people with jobs can only attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit