Killing Children= Save Organization

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

and your point, nytel, is what?

Does this resurrection promise justify the slaughter of innocents?

Do they now believe in the reported comment of a Catholic
    priest during the Inquisition on why a massacre was acceptable?
    "kill them all, God will know his own"

When did murder and manslaughter become so banal to Witnesses?
    Why is lying (Theocratic War Strategy) by the organization
    acceptable?

metatron

• LDH
    LDH

NYT's just mad cause he's getting his ass kicked on the "Simple Prayer" thread.

Met,

You might be on to something! Perhaps when the old geezers die, the younger ones will be able to institute change! What would be really interesting though, would be the reaction of the Rank and File if the GB dropped their Blood doctrine.

I'm wondering if they would, as drones, just continue to see the 'new light'--or would it be the final straw for many?

The GB has painted themselves into a corner or this one. I would hazard a guess that the corporation split-up had quite a bit to do with this policy. Perhaps they are paving the way for the GB to simply be "Editorial Contributors" to that food crap they feed people through the pages of WT and Awake.

Lisa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Lisa, you asked,

What would be really interesting though, would be the reaction of the Rank and File if the GB dropped their Blood doctrine.

The answer may be quite simple. If it becomes a CONSCIENCE matter, then those older ones who still believe that blood transplantation is a sin would stick to their hard-line views, while those who are newer or willing to "move ahead" will not insist on confronting doctors with this issue any longer.

Then the WT Society will come out smelling like roses, because they'll spin it as a "conscience matter" and somehow blame those who believed the old way for bringing this trouble on themselves!!!

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Interesting – bear in mind that there are varying levels of commitment to the blood policy among JWs at all levels of the organization. There is also a "Catch-22" at work here. The more the support for the policy "dries up", the more the organization – particularly the governing body - are criticized for making changes/reforms. Consequently, the tougher it becomes to make further changes. I don't like the dynamic but I don't like getting older and can't do much about either. We have to work with what life gives us.

This item caught my eye because mention of the resurrection is frequently made by JWs who are beginning to doubt the blood policy, in my experience, and the discussion lays additional necessary groundwork for change on the blood policy. I'd like to see the outline if anyone has access to it.

Lee

• metatron
    metatron

I respect your opinions - and fine work.

However, I think constant pressure wears them down and only
    generates temporary roadblocks. Like Vietnam, Soviet Afghanistan
    and perhaps Palestine, the stubborn rulership digs in until
    they are simply worn away and beaten. If you look back over the
    last couple years, it's amazing how far this dissident
    movement has gone - largely thanks to brave guys like you.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit