Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This idea, that a child has the power to stop a child abuser in their tracks, is dangerous.

Educating children about protecting themselves is one thing, but this picture is viciously stupid.

Abusers are clever; they groom the parents first, then the children.

By the time it has gotten as far as touching, the predator is pretty sure of his victim. This article will go a long way, not in 'empowering' children, but laying guilt trips on victims and parents of abused children. "I should have had the demons/Jesus/STOP Uncle Bob talk with little Mary!"

This picture, this article, and the responses from the apologists, JT and fleaman, are head smackingly dumb.

The WT is off track, AGAIN, dangerously so.

The article is written to a child; they pander to fear of demons, compare a child being raped to Jesus being attacked by demons and imply that a child can stop an abuser.

Come to think of it, this may be the only thing the WT CAN do for children, is to tell them they can stop it on their own (that is, if they understand it). They don't seem to be able to change their "2 people didn't see it" so it didn't happen policy.

Maybe they should encourage the child to have their nanny cam on full time, in case they can't stop Uncle Bob next time?

Come on. This picture, and this article from them, is the WORST.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I am not just DESPERATE TO BRING DOWN THE JW"S!

I suspected the above. Unfortunately, desperate people rarely make reasoned decisions or put forth logical arguments, as evidenced by your most recent posts.

Lady Lee: I appreciate the work that went into your response; I simply disagree with many of your conclusions.

"How can you protect your body from people who do bad things like this?

LL wrote: Yes they are placing the responsibility on the child... So on top of the abuser telling them it is their fault this incomplete message places another layer of blame on the child.

It's an incomplete message because you have culled it from the rest of the paragraph that specifically says 'it's not their fault' if they do get abused. I agree that the opposite message would likely be given the reporting child by the elders/WTBTS, but the article itself is not a problem...in my opinion. However, if this article is a problem, then everything my girls were receiving at school was a problem also. And, I doubt that was the case.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Justitia says:

" It's an incomplete message because you have culled it from the rest of the paragraph"

It's becomes an incomplete message when the child tells, and the WTS sweep it under the rug

And yes, everything your daughters recieved at school WOULD be a problem if the school

swept the abuse under the rug like the WTS

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Now go back through what I posted - the critique of the page where they discuss what a child should do and why it isn't good enough. That directly addresses the first post on the thread.

Dont tell me what to do. I shant be reading your "critique". I stand by what I said. I am saddened and appalled that this terrible thing has happened to people in JW. But it is isolated and is no more likely to happen in the witnesses than anywhere else.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

fleaman:

But it is isolated and is no more likely to happen in the witnesses than anywhere else

Now you prove you haven't been paying attention.

In another place, when the issue comes to light, they are encouraged to go to the cops, and the alleged perp becomes known.

In WT world, elders have repeatedly, repeatedly, insinuated the vicitm 'misunderstood' the action, discouraged the reporting of it to police and let perps stay unidentified, to the point of threatening expulsion if they spoke of it.

Leading to more victims.

So you are worng, sorry; it IS more likely to happen within the witnesses, due to policy they refused to change.

Wake up, mate.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Fleaman-uk , thanks for remindin' me

I need to get a Flea collar for my dog, those little fleaman keep swarmin' round his ass

nowheres else , just his ass

And I can see that they are really bothersome

• life is to short
    life is to short

JT

Please do not put words im my mouth. I very clearly DID NOT say I am dedperate to bring down the religion I very clearly said I want child molesters to stop being hidden in the religion!!!!!!!!

You will make a great attorney taking things out if context.

Go find Jerry or some pedo to help!

LITS

• wasblind
    wasblind

" You will make a great attorney taking things out if context."

LOL @ LITS

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I am DESPERATE to have PEDOPHILES stop interacting with kids in this religion!

Desperation nonetheless >bad decision-making >illogical arguments.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

So, idiots are resorting to name calling. Pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit