Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Dont talk nonsense. No-one here is seriously suggesting every single JW is a paedophile?..FM

Pathetic StrawMan Arguement..

Create an arguement that doesn`t exist then destroy it and declare yourself the winner..

Wuz is on the money..

The WBT$ Created the Child Molestation problem within the WBT$..

Now the WBT$ wants to give advice about the Child Molestation problem they created..

Unless your head has been Run Over by a Bus and your Brain damaged..Or..

Your severly WatchTarded..

No sane person is going to let a corrupt organization that protects Child Molesters..

Give advice to their kids..

WatchTard the Clown..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now see Outlaw,

There you go, Makin' me run an catch my ass again LOL

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks wasbland and sabastious

You get what I am meaning. The advice is good advice, as Justin said. It is in fact great advice. The best advice you can ever give a child. I have no problem with the advice. I have a huge problem with the picture. She is at the most five years old!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my word. What about a teenager being molested. If the GB are putting pictures of five year old kids being able to stop a pedophile, then there are no pedophiles in the religion. My bad.

All any kid has to do is just say no and tell on the child molester and all will be good. The bad man will be taken away. If they do get molested anyway lets DF thrm for loose condect.

Sorry about my spelling on my cell phone. I am just so dissapointrf in ones like Justisn/ he/she. I sent he/ she a WT she wanted a couple of monthd ago and I I thought she was a kinder person.

Thanks again wasblaind and sabastjious and thoes who understand ehat I mean.

LITS

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Educating children and empowering them is the right thing to do. So is reporting child abuse it when it comes to the attention of any adult, especially a person in a position of authority.

Failing to report it is, or at least should be a crime. It is certainly immoral. Paying out settlements to "hush-up" victims is also immoral.

Just another example of the WTBTS's getting some of it right, but the most important parts wrong.

To me the thing that most upset me was the comment in their recent Press Release regarding the Conti case when they pompously stated:

The individual members of any organization must ultimately bear the responsibility for their own actions, particularly when the acts are so flagrantly against the morals and principles of the organization and society.

And yet they themselves are hypocritically unwilling to take personal responsibility for their egregious actions and inactions. There really should be criminal penalties for what they do.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, seeing it with the picture makes all the difference. It really is pretty stupid.

But what changes how you think of this article is knowing what REALLY happens:

Despite little Suzy saying no and putting her hand up, Elder Joe still sexually assaults her and tells her to be quiet. Being brave, Suzy tells her parents who then go to the elders. The elders question Elder Joe and he denies it. They then make their obligatory call to Legal who tell them to leave it in Jehovah's hands.

Ten years and many more children later, Elder Joe gets caught red-handed by the authorities and is put away.

See how Jehovah took care of it!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BOC really hit the nail on the head. The "story" in the book seems to be little more than WT "Window-Dressing" when you know the reality of how the corporation handles actual cases of child molestation.

Their Corporate Policies are not in line with their carefully crafted public persona. They technical word for this is "hypocrisy" which in this case should be criminalized.

• panhandlegirl
  • panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Sorry, I hit they button to soon.

I agree that the advice given is correct and agree with what 00DAD posted. Also,as another poster stated, when children are taught to obey without question, it becomes easier for pedophiles to abuse them. Children should be encourged to protest if they feel they do not like what is being done to them, but the borg has not promoted this.This also goes for adult members. The organization demands obedience without dissent from all it's members. The borg has already been found wanting in protecting it's members from abuse by it's policy of keeping secret the presense of these pedophiles in the congregations. They are being hypocritical in what they say in this book. Candace told and it did not do her any good until she got an attotney. The borg refused to help her!! A child or a young person should never be made to feel responsible for the abuse. How in the world can a child behave seductively or ask for the abuse. That is just absurd.

• blondie
    blondie

The most comment "solution" I heard from elders aware of child sexual abuse in their congregation:

Elder to the victim: Just don't let yourself be alone with this person.......

Victim: but it is my father and you say he is the head of the house and I have to obey him.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For those who don't see what is wrong:

So just as Jesus needed protection, you also need to be protected from grown-ups-and even from other children-who may try to have sex with you.

Ummm Jesus got help form his "father" . That is a little impractical for a child.

Usually, these people will pretend to be your friends. They may even offer you something it you will promise not to tell others about what they want to do with you.

Some people have no desire to be a "friend". Forget the bribes. Most often threats will be made to maintain silence.

But these people are selfish, like Satan and his demons, and they only want to get pleasure for themselves. And they try to get this pleasure by having sex with children. This is very wrong!"

Well okay to a point. But sexual abuse includes a lot more than physical contact. It includes getting a child to watch videos or read magazines that are sexually explicit. They may simply expose themselves or get the child to watch them masturbate. They may also make very inappropriate sexual remarks to the child.

"Do you know what they may do to get pleasure for themselves?---Well, they may try to rub your sex organs. Or they will even rub their sex organs against yours. But you should never let anybody play with penis or vulva, Not even your won brother or sister or your mother or father. These parts of your body are private."

They don't need to rub themselves on the child's "sex organs". They can rub themselves on any part of the child. It is all sexual abuse. By limiting the places where sexual contact can occur they are misinforming children about the whole spectrum of sexual abuse

"How can you protect your body from people who do bad things like this?

Yes they are placing the responsibility on the child. We all should give children permission to say NO. We tell children to never say No to an adult, certainly not to a parent or an elder or any other adult they come into contact with.

However too often the abuse happens despite the objections of the child. When this happens the child winds up feeling responsible because they didn't say no loud enough or strong enough. They didn't stop it. So on top of the abuser telling them it is their fault this incomplete message places another layer of blame on the child.

---First of all, do not let anybody play with your sex organs.

again - incomplete information

If someone tries to do this, say firmly in a loud voice: "Stop that! I am going to tell on you!"

Nowhere does it say who they should tell. Or what they should do if no one listens or helps them.

And if the person say that what happened is your fault, don't believe that. It is not true. Just go and tell on him no matter who it is!

ok good to a point but incomplete

You should do so even if he says that what you are doing together is a secret just between you and him.

A little more information about keeping secrets is needed here. Because later when the elders get involved and say there is no proof and no 2 witnesses they will be warned to keep it all a secret. Talk about confusing a kid about secrecy.

Even if that person promises you nice presents or makes scary threats, you should get away from him and tell on him anyway."

And just how is that child supposed to get away from a parent or an elder or brother who is respected. Who are the adults going to believe - the kid with a story or the adult who say the kid is lying?

"You do not have to be afraid, but you do need to be careful.

OK the child should not be afraid to tell but who should they tell? Sexual abuse prevention programs tell children that if no one listens to them they should tell someone else and keep telling until someone really listens.

When your parents warn you about people or places that could be a danger to you, you need to listen to them. If you do, you take away a bad person's chance to hurt you."

wow didn't they just say the child should not be afraid? Now they are saying that parents will warn them about people or places they should be afraid of. Kind of confusing for a child.

Plus they say you should listen to your parents. No where in this does it say what a child should do if the abuser is a parent.

Stats show that most often a child is abused by someone they know and is close to them. JWs pretty much insulate children from many things like coaches and extracurricular activities. Pretty much the only place they will be is with other JWs.

As parents we have a lot of control over our children but we often give them confusing messages. We tell them not to let people touch them inappropriately but also tell them to kiss uncle or daddy or cousin goodnight or good bye. We allow our children to be picked up and passed around to anyone at the hall. JWs don't see other JWs as threats. The WTS creates a blind spot by saying all JWs are trust-worthy. By not specifying that even JWs might abise a child they are perpetuating this blind spot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit