Website by MODERATE JWs who recognize issues with the religion

by Hermano 58 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I like their article on Relative Subjection :

"So when we read scriptures like Hebrews 13:17 ("Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you, and be submissive), we are to understand them in the same sense as Romans 13:1 ("Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities") and Ephesians 5:22 ("Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord"). It is only reasonable and consistent to view the authority of our spiritual leaders as relative , not absolute. They are not above limit or correction. "

I must remember that line of argument.

Give them time, they will soon be rabid "apostates"

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

It is run buy a XJW named David Diano who lives in San Diego. He used to post on various forums with the username Donbodo. Have not been in touch with him for quite some time.

Bangalore

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

These sorts of groups never last because people in that frame of mind usually go on to reject the Witnesses entirely. Think of Heinz Schmidt and Greg Stafford.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Donbodo! Thanks Bangalore.

SBF - Heinz was a fiery apologist as I remember, fighting the good fight, slashing the enemy JW critics left, right and center! It's a pity his old articles aren't archived on the net anymore as a reminder of where he was then. Greg was always more the 'moderate.'

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Heinz was a funny one. I remember he was furious with Greg Stafford when he published "Three Dissertation" and wrote articles to refute it on birthdays and other stuff. Then shortly after Heinz gave up defending the Witnesses himself. I believe he's inactive now.

I see Bruce Bernard's pages are still available even though I think he's given up defending the Witnesses too.

http://onlytruegod.org/defense/pageindex.htm

No doubt Hal Flemings is still fighting the good fight though.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Many of Greg's buddies were furious with him over 3D! Yeah Hal, I believe, is still going strong. Funny about Bruce - radio silence since 2007. Hm.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"Room 215 , There is a petition with some "signatures." Every movement's got to start somewhere. "

Noted, Hermano, with thanks; noboby would be happier than I if proven wrong or overly pessimistic.

• Hermano
    Hermano

I'm not going to hold my breath Room 215. However I love the idea of average Witnesses calling for reform, not because I'm naive about the chances of reform happening, but because it shows average Witnesses know something is not right. Not all of them will leave, but some will eventually find out the religion has more to do with control than with pleasing God.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

this is my opinion...reform will DO NOTHING!!!

I cannot stress this enough a reform will just continue to reinforce the mindless doctrine of Jah 'leading' this wretched organization.

what is needed is for members to WAKE up to the fact they have been misled! till than they are still 'captives to a concept.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit