Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Y'all are assuming I'm here for everything,....... well I wasn't around for a lot of it...

For that reason alone, perhaps it would have been wiser to not always come to her defense. Many times, the insults, name-calling and jabs from her were carried over from a variety of other threads. You didn't see all that was going on.

I have alot of free time on my hands, so I've spent more than the usual amount of time here. She went from thread to thread - baiting, goading and provoking.

Then when everyone had had enough of it, yes....I'm sure it LOOKED to you like the fight was unfair. But it wasn't. She was getting what she asked for - had BEGGED for - all day long.

This is not a therapists office where that is even remotely acceptable. This is a discussion board and we should not have to tiptoe around someone like that. Nor should be we be required to take abuse just because she is mentally ill.

Simon and Lady Lee both agreed. You are free to diagree wtih them and everyone here all you like.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Why not?

Because the ONLY basis for preventing same sex marriage is religious. I can't think of one other reason that people would push to ban it and pass amendments. They are simply using their political power to enforce their religious agenda. Therefore, the two cannot be separated.

NC

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

James:

she was brilliant.
    And she still has most of you fighting with one another.

And I dont' consider pitting people against each other and causing fights for her entertainment to be "brilliant".

I consider that person to be pretty sick.

• tec
    tec

Not hurt by you, Mrs. J... just pent up hurt and anger, that lashes out in temper the next time anyone makes some perceived slight. Running with your engine revved, instead of in idle, so to speak.

And before his sentiments get swallowed up and unnoticed... for Q. We don't agree on much when it comes to faith (okay, we don't agree on anything when it comes to faith, lol). But you're compassion comes through, even despite your most 'militant' posts ;)

Peace,

tammy

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm going to wash my hands of this issue.

I'm just going to take a small bit of comfort in the fact that N.drew is gone and deservedly so. No injustice there.

I walk away disappointed and confused in that N.drew's abhorrent behavior is still being excused away. The most offensive point is that, again, it belittles all of the other people that were her targets. Again, not fair. Not right.

I'm going to take the privately given advice of another wise poster. I will pity N.drew. Maybe she was so deep in her mental illness that she just couldn't help being a nasty old crone. Fine. That just cements my opinion that she had no business participating in a public discussion forum.

Maybe I was a little too aggressive in my attempts to make her defenders admit that she acted in the wrong. I was snide and snarky. My aim is not to make enemies. I fear I have done so, with much regret.

My biggest regret is that I let something so trivial and insignificant affect my life. A lot of emotion spent over an internet disussion board. I shouldn't let myself get worked up over petty shit like this.

I think my "Friday Whisk(e)y" thread needs some attention. On to more light-hearted things.

I will apologize to james_woods for the "breastfeeding" comments. They border on name-calling and were over the top. I'm sorry.

• talesin
    talesin

I do not excuse anyone's actions. As I stated earlier,,, ^^^^^ ,,,

However, I think it would be good, if you all "give it a rest".

The poster in question,,, I think, has been banned.

IF someone has 'serious' mental issues, and I'm not saying anyone has, for the sake of privacy and just to be kind,,,

then, just LET IT GO.

xo

tal

EDIT: LKL ,, well said,, you are a man of honour. xx

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm going to wash my hands of this issue.

Good.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Because the ONLY basis for preventing same sex marriage is religious.

No, you are arguing your position in ignorance of the full spectrum of arguments. There are arguments against it couched on secular grounds. Some argue that the legal institution of marriage exists to protect the ability of society to reproduce and protect its offspring, and that this has no application to same sex marriage (since it cannot produce offspring). Other secular arguments against it exist as well.

I've made my own position on the matter clear in the past. Marriage is a religious institution (and should not be regulated by the State).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Not hurt by you, Mrs. J... just pent up hurt and anger, that lashes out in temper the next time anyone makes some perceived slight. Running with your engine revved, instead of in idle, so to speak."

If that's the case Tec it's a good thing Nancy is no longer here to use this board as her own whipping boy. No one here should have to pull up with that here (that's not what this board is for) and thankfully we no longer have to.

Now I'm done.

Hamburger time!

Hail Thor!

• james_woods
    james_woods

She is still here.

This thread proves it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit