Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Palm, I actually called James out for treating believers like children. I was DEFENDING the believers on this board, and pointing out his double edged support of them. I was not the one that likened them to children.

Thanks ST.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

New Chapter it's your communication style that just needs some updating from the days of JW's. No one called you a victim. Old habits die hard. I have a non believer here at home. I listen to his feelings and views on things. He listens to mine. He's 16. He was never a JW. He's pretty respectful to believers. I give him a lot of credit for that because so many adults aren't. I am pretty sure he learned tolerance and co-existence in the Episcopal Church where he still attends youth group. They are cool with his spiritual journey and so he has learned to be cool with theirs.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Passive/Aggressives are the worst kind of people to have to deal with.

I learned that on Dr. Phil.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow, all my favorite girls on one thread, where's poopsie ??

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

New Chapter, you said something to James about waiting for believers to grow up. I apologize for misunderstanding your post.

• still thinking
    still thinking

New Chapter...I forgot to mention...I love your communication style...but then it has been pointed out that my mentality is still like a JW's too so there you go....proof!....LOL

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Haven't you ever been away from the forum and cringed at how opinionated we can all be? And then it hits you how it's like residual jw behavior traits.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I've never been offended by New Chapter's style, either.

I can't say I've been offended by alot here - I think it's just the give and take of debate and discussion. It's only the last while that suddenly it's an issue on this board. Suddenly everyone is pointing fingers, blaming, taking offense......I know the origin, just not sure how to stop it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I tolerate believers everyday in my life FHN. I don't know why you keep coming after me, but I have seen some pretty strong statements by others, even on this thread, that just didn't get your goat. You have made assumptions about my feelings---such as your criticisms 'sting' because I somehow know they are true. You have assumed I probably regret some of my posts. You seem to think I will wake up and reach your level and be contrite. Frankly, it's a pretty cruddy way to handle things, but if it makes you feel better, go for it. One day maybe you will also look in the mirror. I don't think you are ignorant to all of this, but perhaps you are.

I'm happy that you like your son's approach. I co-exist everyday. When I debate, I will not allow you to set the rules. Again, I have never called anyone names, I have not called anyone stupid, I have not cussed at anyone, but have received plenty of that. And as to be expected, believers are silent on that. Now you can be sure, if I called you stupid today, or said f**k you, as has been said to me (without the stars), then a crowd would come out of the woodwork to scream that atheists are arrogant and abusive.

So why don't you be specific. Pick a post. Tell me what you don't like about it.

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Haven't you ever been away from the forum and cringed at how opinionated we can all be? And then it hits you how it's like residual jw behavior traits.

No

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit