Questions for Thinkers, Part Deux

by SweetBabyCheezits 111 Replies latest social humour

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Yeah, well, friends call me Pushy McBossypants for a reason.

Look, you're free to not answer the question. But being evasive just makes it appear that you...

• don't know what you believe.

OR

• lied when you said you don't reject certain scriptures.
  • N.drew
    N.drew

I choose "(your) free to not answer". I think that's what I was doing. I should not have asked for a good reason. I assumed you ask believers what they believe so that you might have fodder to ridicule. My bad! If you can prove the question is a legitimate one, I would be happy to answer. I do not think it is legit. I think you do not have a good reason for asking. That is what I was asking you to prove. I'm sorry.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I've just read your post, Sweet Baby. I'm still chuckling.

Seriously, it's very, very good. I especially like f (above). I've always wondered why Jehovah's Witnesses take the injunctions concerning blood so seriously, but munch away happily on food like shellfish. Now you've added in the homosexual element...very good!

And the bit about cutting the hair and deserving death. Tell us, please, are you toying with the idea of doling out one of these punishments?...I'm bearing in mind that death can really only be doled out once individually, but you could choose on which grounds you choose to administer it, all in the spirit of experiment.

I love the whole concept. If we need to take the Bible literally in one instance, why not all?

Splendidly logical! Keep us posted on the results!

PS. I'm not being sarcastic. This is genuine first class logic.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Me: Look, you're free to not answer the question.
    You: I choose "(your) free to not answer".

Well, maybe you can answer why you deliberately changed the correct use of the contraction, you're, to the possessive pronoun, your?

Free does not belong to me.

I assumed you ask believers what they believe so that you might have fodder to ridicule.

Do you consider your beliefs to be fodder?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes!

fodder:

something fed to domestic animals; especially : coarse food for cattle, horses, or sheep.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Chariklo, I would love to take credit for that fine piece of writing... so I will. (Nod to Zoiks. Again.)

Kidding. None of the OP is my own, aside from very minor changes to address it to Perry. I copied the content from a well-circulated email, which I also thought was brilliantly written.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    you're, to the possessive pronoun, your ?

Can I count on you to help edit a book if I ever write one? Off topic you say?

Note to self:

Publish it in drips and drabs on JWN. Won't have to pay for an editor.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Do you consider your beliefs to be fodder?
    Yes!

Fodder: A consumable, often inferior item or resource that is in demand and usually abundant supply.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

NDrew, I am Jesus Christ. I've been trying to contact you for a while now.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, but the fodder for the sheep is only considered inferior by most. Heaven is all about accuracy. You didn't know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit