Is the WTS and the JW's going to collapse in 2014?

by braincleaned 66 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
  • Think About It
    Think About It

No collapse due to 2014. They can always "hint" that Noah preached 120 yrs before the flood, so that will get them to 2034. Plenty of time to come up with another con job.....errr "new light".

Think About It

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One should never under estimate people and their psychological attachment to religious cults.

There is a preponderance amount of JWS that have taken upon themselves that this is the only true religion (organization)

being guided solely by god and they are most willing to protect this affirmation.

For example if 1914 is dropped completely as a doctrine, many JWS will assume yes this is food at the proper time channeled through his FDSL (GB) .

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yeah I think the REAL fallout won't be until 2034. Of course there will probably be negative growth after 1914.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

NO, as previously stated, the diehards will most likely remain no matter what the GB says. I cannot imagine my family having the guts/brains to leave/question the GB. Makes me sad but I don't want to delude myself

into thinking it will make any difference. They are just too blind.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

if there drop 1914 they will lose just about everyone with an iq above 90. i hope they do something that stupid so people can look at one another in confusion. this would scream obvious false prophet alarms one would think.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

From Carl Sagan, Broca's Brain:

One prominent American religion confidently predicted that the world would end in 1914. Well, 1914 has come and gone, and - while the events of that year were certainly of some importance - the world did not, at least so far as I can see, seem to have ended. There are at least three responses that an organized religion can make in the face of such a failed and fundamental prophecy. They could have said, "Oh, did we say '1914'? So sorry, we meant '2014'. A slight error in calculation. Hope you weren't inconvenienced in any way." But they did not. They could have said, "Well, the world would have ended, except we prayed very hard and interceded with God so He spared the Earth." But they did not. Instead, they did something much more ingenious. They announced that the world had in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout. It is astonishing in the face of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough-mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration was needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and that is why the WT will likely never die out. Oh they may morph and and shrink, but people and their religious ideals are very resiliant. They will not have their golden calf taken away from them. Oh no, to the death if necessary as a sacrifice to God.

Sad

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

BRAINCLEANED - I'm in the minority, but I think 2014 will be a tipping point as well. Perhaps not an implosion, but big changes. People are already saying there is no way this system can go on another 5-10 years, 2014 is right around the corner! Although technically there s no signficance in the 100 year mark, there was no signficance to Y2K and the whole world made a big deal of it. It's purely psychological.

And think of how it will feel for the average publisher, publishing the "Good News". The good news of what? That Jesus began ruling A CENTURY AGO AND HASN'T DONE ANYTHING?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

People are already saying there is no way this system can go on another 5-10 years, 2014 is right around the corner! Although technically there s no signficance in the 100 year mark, there was no signficance to Y2K and the whole world made a big deal of it. It's purely psychological.

Right, do u know how many years they have been saying that? The system CAN'T go on for another 5 years. And yet we're still here so I see nothing new there. Regarding Y2K, true, the world made a lot of noise to the run up, but in the end it was a fart in the wind.

I'd like to see this organization disapear sooner than later, but there is still one born everyday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit