What exactly is a relasionship with God?

by tootired2care 114 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Its a little like Jiminy Cricket being invented as the conscience of Pinocchio.

'When you wish upon a star'

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

No need to wish upon anything. Relationship with God is absolutely free; the true gift of God in Christ....available to whosoever will.

• James Brown
    James Brown

A relationship with God for me was that I looked to God for direction in my life.

I remember being confused from the begining of my memory, probably because

I was born and raised a JW.

As I got older, I prayed to God for things that I couldnt easily get myself.

Then I ended up praying to God for everything.

I also thanked God for everything, I made a graditude list and went over it often.

As I got older someone told me God meant or stood for Good orderly directon, it was an acronymn.

I've hung on to that ever since and use God sort as a browser for my conciousness.

Throughout my life, I always wanted to know all I could about God.

This quest of knowledge of God has been a wild and crazy trip.

I have heard and read about many of Gods names,

I have even read extensively arguments that there is no God.

Knowing about God or no God is one of my favorite hobbies.

Thoughout my life I have tried to proceed in a good orderly direction.

I often think what would God do in this situation, or what would God think of

me in this situation.

I have experienced helping hands from heaven.

And I have experienced heavens silence.

If you want God to talk back to you, through reading the bible

read Psalms, Proverbs and Ecclesiates. I found answers and direction there.

I havent been a JW since 1976, but I have walked and grown with God since 52.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What exactly is a relationship with God?

Relationship with God is divine life; it is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost; it is the mind of the Spirit; Christ ruling in the heart, manifesting Himself to His beloved...making them realize how wonderful heaven will be.

Beautiful testimony James!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

to me a relationship with God means BEING God.

And to do this one usually enables cheats and then in the console, you simply type 'GODMODE'

The result is unlimited health, ammo and keys to every locked door. you can mow down friend and foe alike with ZERO consequences. Nobody can stop you as you unleash your wrath upon all.

But that's just me.

200% armor?!?!?! HELLZ YEAH!

• tec
    tec

Can't it just be about that starving child...just for a minute

How can it just be about that starving child when the picture of that starving child is used as a judgment against God?

I just don't know what you mean.

You also said:

whenever we ask why God or Jesus do NOTHING to help...it is twisted to be about poor Jesus...look what we did or didn't do for HIM

But the meaning of what Vanders said:

Jesus will say, "What you did for the poor, the sick, the hungry and the prisoner, you did to me."

is something else:

I am the poor, the sick, the hungry, the imprisoned. If you are helping them, then by e x tension you are also doing this for me. If you are ignoring this child, then by e x tension, you are also ignoring me.

Those words won't mean anything to someone who does not believe in Him. They mean something to those who DO believe in Him.

Bottom line... it is our responsibility to help our fellow man. Faith in Christ and God does not absolve anyone of this. And if you don't believe in Christ or God of any sort, then the responsibility of that child and others like him is STILL man's. For now, as long as there are people in power who care more about themselves than a single starving child, and as long as so many people are apathetic to his plight, there will be starving children in this world.

Peace,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

It always struck me as curious that a relasionship with God changed forms in the bibles accounts. The early patriarchs seemed to be able to have a two way conversation with God. Then at some point God just stopped talking back, I could never really understand why.

Mr. Falcon - LOL...did you really need cheats to beat the doom cyberdemon? I'm very disappointed.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

haha no, tootired2care.

all i needed was my ProTip cheat.....

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I heard something quite interesting over the weekend. The minute somone tries to tell you what god is - run from them. I know this is about a relationship rather than defining god, but I thought it pertinent.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Loubelle....LOL, you could have a point...

Now, back to that picture....

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

Tell me again how valuable we are? How God feeds the birds but not the starving children. Oh thats' right...its US that don't feed them. Well, that is correct if there is NO GOD...because if there was a god...wouldn't he be making sure they could at least grow their own crops? He seems to provide for the ravens...what about the children? Aren't they as valuable?

But it's ok because Jesus loves us...I'm sure if those little children knew about Jesus they would thank him with their dying breaths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit