Regular pioneers to be nominated by BOE

by yalbmert99 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Apparently the regular pioneers will be nominated by the body of elders, not Bethel. However, elders will have to send Bethel a notification when a pioneer is nominated or removed.

• pirata
    pirata

The local body of elders will approve, not nominate, regular pioneer applications.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Correct pirata, a "publisher" submits an application form and it's reviewed by the BOE

• yalbmert99
  • baltar447
    baltar447

Something must be lost in translation. Pioneer are "volunteers". not nominated. Can someone versed in French and English chime in?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hmmm. . . sounds like the whole Pioneer Approval Deparment at Bethel might have just been "reassigned to the field"

• blondie
    blondie

I think this was mentioned on JWN previously..............

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Yep, previously (on friends) Regular Pioneers were approved by the service committee and appointed by Bethel. Bethel would send a new Reg Pio an appointment letter. This has been simplified to regular pioneering being more like auxilary pioneering, only the approval of the BoE is now required.

This breaks the link between Bethel and regular pioneers.

• heathen
    heathen

Wow that's even more nuts than I realized , you have to fill out an application for pioneering ? I thought you went into the back elders room where they molested you first and volunteer ......

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Naw, molestation is just a side benefit now, not a requirement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit