My son was murdered today

by truman 322 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Still thinking of you Truman, and your family. Would you do me the honour of allowing me to light a candle for your son on Thursday night? I live in Wales, so will have to work out the time differences. You are very much in my thoughts xxxx

Love, Paula xxxxx

• talesin
    talesin

I'll join in the candlelight vigil today. (((truman)))

• Perry
    Perry

I'll be praying for you and you family. Let me know if you need anything. I really mean that.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

truman-I am sending you hugs and tears on this difficult, difficult day.

• oompa
    oompa

i so feel your pain...please do well......oompa

• still thinking
  • truman
    truman

It was a week today. Tonight, they had the candlelight vigil. I attended with my other son, his wife, and my sister. It was actually organized by a neighbor of Glendon’s. About 150 people showed up. Many shed tears. It was a dignified and heartfelt event, and I had my sister tell the organizer we were there (but not point us out) so the participants would know how much we appreciated their effort. News media from all the local stations were there. Without identifying himself to the mourners, my younger son made a short statement during the portion of the event set aside for such things. I was very proud of him. He has been such a strength and support for me through all this.A newsman asked him his name afterward, and since he is the brother of the deceased, a piece of his statement made the news. I am absolutely shredded between pain so debilitating that I can barely think of continuing and knowing I must because I could not hurt him any more than we are already hurt.

Seeing the newscasters reporting on their broadcasts with their usual formatting of murder victims, candlelight vigils, and names of the dead with ad hoc snapshots or badge photos as a visual for the story is a familiar sight to most of us these days, especially in the U.S. Seeing Glendon’s picture and his name, the name I gave my baby boy 35 years ago, the name he will never answer to again, plastered upon my tv screen as part of the late evening news is beyond unbearable.

Throughout the day, I thought I was doing OK, but tonight, I am so far from OK that I can barely type.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Oh truman, I don't know what to say that could possibly help to ease your pain. All I know is that one day at a time is all we can face. We cannot predict or know the future. I really don't know how I would get through something of this magnitude. I would hope that I could face the trials that each day will bring as I process the awfulness of the situation. But I hope I will never have to find out how you feel. My heart aches for you luv. I shed a tear everytime I read one of your posts.

• still thinking
  • Pams girl
    Pams girl

My tears are unstoppable reading you last post Truman...x

If there is a hell, surely you are in it.

We are all here for you x

Love Paula x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit