Absurd WT Control in April 2012 KM

by LostGeneration 66 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

LOL...

Check out those Kardashian "birthin' hips"!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Classic, Mr Falcon.

• zeb
    zeb

I live in what can be a very hot country. Like all over the world womens 'shoes' are not 'shoes' but are by any number of variations.. sandals. i have noticed in summers when all the males even tiny tiny ones are trussed up in trousers shoes ties and jackets (matching) the sisters are wearing less and less and again sandals. is this bad? It is when you cant open a window (brother XXX job ( er privilige) and he doesnt open the windows because the sisters get cold. Cold? In australia in summer! the same sisters complain they "have to wear knee length skirts in winter.." (have to?) but havent the brains to buy a pair of boots or closed footwear... anyhow..

I recall a Church of Christ minister's experience in the US where his church, an old building, was hot in summer and cold in winter. Well they put their $$ together and got it air cond. then the arguments started too cold too hot not enough yar de yar de yar.

he brought back the air con techs and they did they adjusting here and there. Same result no one happy. The after the service one sunday he stated, "I have sorted out the answwer for the air con problem. For our sisters (yes the JW arent the only ones to use that term. no patent on it) who are under 40 and cold i suggest they eat more and wear more. The sister who are over 40 probably eat well and dress well but could move their familiar seating position a row along out of the main flow of the air con units perhaps.... and I would like to thank the men none of whom have complained.!"

No to do with wts control but close. Inappropriate clothing to the point of stupidity. My first wife was 'spoken to" by one of the dragon class about her ankle length woolen skirt one freezing winters night meeting. "It was too worldly".

I rest my case.

• BroMac
    BroMac

seriously... we are not a cult! Chino's & Polo shirts ONLY

• undercover
    undercover

I guess,just to be safe,Witnesses should just sleep in their meeting clothes,the whole duration of the convention.

um, isn't that what most dubs do during the convention anyway? Sleep in their meeting clothes?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Remember how they used to love to parade around their African and other distinctly ethnically diverse delegates in traditional native dress at the large conventions (The 1958 Yankee Stadium, for example)?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I used to stay in a hotel 1/2 the week for work. I remember the convention weekend. Long line of JW's. Thankfully the person at the dest saw me and I got to cut the line and check in. I didn't know any of the JW's.... some were dressed normal but most were dressed up...

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Something else that bothers me is when they cover these parts some jackass always comments on how each culture has different standards for dress and following those would be respectful of the local culture.

oookaaay?

So we need to follow the "worlds" culture?

DLL, You are so right, but you would only come to that conclusion if you were THINKING LOGICALLY! The organization (elders) can not be accused of using their common sense.Is there nothing they don't have an opinion rule on?

Can the r/f not be trusted to make any decisions on their own?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I wonder who on the GB is so obsessed with how JDubs dress themselves? I thought it was he who shall not be named (Ted Jarez) but clearly someone else has a lady shoe obsession as well.

Seriously, the Sister in the "innapropriately dressed for a bethel tour" photo is wearing a smart jacket, dark trousers and medium heeled shoes - Surely that is appropriate 'business' attire! Normal people would think that "overdressed" to tour a factory!

The control is crazy.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So Jehovah hates people that are dressed for the weather. When it's hot, you should dress lightly--in shorts and a T-shirt. I think it's inappropriate to dress in a suit while at the motel or after the program. Or to wear the embarrassment badge while going around town.

Now, I wonder what would happen if I were to start wearing shirts with sigils of demons. They make a stink about wearing regular advertisement or having items bearing logos of companies. Maybe it's time to start collecting demon sigils, starting with Satan and Astaroth, and displaying those prominently while at the program. Maybe then they will want to go back to just plain advertisement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit