Absurd WT Control in April 2012 KM

by LostGeneration 66 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think they might have a point about men in shorts........

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

My friend was counseled by an elder for wearing shorts he considered "too short" when he stopped by unannounced at her house. She didn't even have the freedom to wear whatever she wanted in her own home!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

based on the amount of hair on the legs, I thought it was my ex wife

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

One other new rule they have,is when going out to eat after the convention,to not change into more casual,"comfortable" clothes.

Empty, I remember when that came out about 5 years ago, I was pissed! Bad enough to sit 8 hours in a suit and tie. Even worse to show up in a casual dining restaurant with 8-10 people in suits and dresses. People looked at us like we were f***ing idiots! Doesn't the GB get this doesn't make JWs look good to the outside world, it just makes them look like creepy, weird-ass cultists...

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for bringing this to light.

Princes Leia to Governor Tarkin the GB: "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

I'm going to make sure to remind JW relatives of this new requirement "suggestion" and see how well it is being received. Unfortunately for us, most of our relatives live close enough to DC sites to be able to commute daily.

om

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea lost, I've never received a compliment for walking into the golden arches after a DA. BTW, sitting in the hot sun at Dodgers Stadium, on a fiberglass seat, make u sweat like a pig. Sitting downwind from some of the dubs took some effort. Especially on the third day

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

When I went to my first Convention, I just couldn't believe how dressed up people were. I felt as if I'd walked into someone's wedding party.

"But God cares about what's in our heart!" I protested. "He doesn't bother how we look!"

"Oh, well, you're Catholic" came the reply. "For Catholics, anyhting goes, doesn't it?"

"Weeell," I replied cautiously, not sure where this was going, "it's certainly true that people wear jeans to church and no-one thinks twice about it. Really, no-one dresses up at all for church, you go as you like. The important thing is that you're there, and God sees what's in the heart."

"Well, we like to be respectful to Jehovah, and so we dress in a way that shows our respect."

I looked around at the brothers and sisters vying with each other to look their smartest, little boys in men's suits, little girls in long skirts or other astonishingly, to me, unsuitable clothes, brothers in suits on a hot day and sisters, well, in wedding clothes apart from a bridal gown, and it just seemed wrong. Yet they talked about the heart condition. (To anyone else that would sound like a cardiac problem, but I've learned JW lingo.)

Eventually I equipped myself with smart skirts, but believe me, I haven't worn one since I stopped going to the KH.

Phew!

• designs
    designs

Didn't Jesus wear flip-flops no wait they were Huaraches

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I still have a few suites that are needed for business, and other semi formal affairs

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Something else that bothers me is when they cover these parts some jackass always comments on how each culture has different standards for dress and following those would be respectful of the local culture.

oookaaay?

So we need to follow the "worlds" culture? I thought it was about jayhoover? But apparently not.

And, since when does American culture "dress up"? How many professionals stay in their business attire after work? None, they change and put on more comfortable casual clothes; so if that's the case, aren't witlesses offending the local culture by dressing the way they do?

No matter which way you slice it, their advice reflects badly upon them; besides I don't think they realize that the looks they're getting are not admiration but confused satirical stares.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit