Absurd WT Control in April 2012 KM

by LostGeneration 66 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Ya know, it's so absurb it almost wants to make you go back just to flaunt not obeying their Sharia law...

Almost, that is... but not quite.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

UC, you're right. it's nuts. Fack it, just make the women wear burkas.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Most of the conned-vetions are in the summer, so what are we supposed to wear, woolen coats, long underwear and Ug boots?

They just want you to arrive in dress that makes you ready to do their bidding (for free), because it's kinda hard to scrub toilets and mop up puke wearing stilettos or flip flops.

Oh, and don't forget to leave your I'M and a-hole badge on your stuffy uncomfortable unattractive clothes when you leave the conned-vetion. This way everyone will know to stare, point and laugh, and will alert restaurant wait staff that the demanding bad tippers are in.

Controlling and going beyond the things taught? No not at all.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yay! An Office Space reference! Yep "no flair" allowed by the GB.

I'm sure the high heeled stilettos worn by all of those Jezebel-like JW women have been noted by the sexually repressed convention overseers, thus the latest admonition to wear "modest footwear"

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

"Arriving in shorts and a t-shirt would not reflect dignity". I have a solution to this problem, how about not going to the convention period.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Are sh*ttin me! I guess I missed that part in the KM because I try not to read that crap if at all possible. It makes my brain hurt and kills my creativity but I guess that's what it's supposed to do. Seriously no shorts! It was already ridiculas enough that I used to wear a suit in the middle of summer while sweating my ass off on the literature before I handed it to the householder. WOW

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Think about it... It makes it easier to sort them out... JW's to the left and down the hall... All others take the elevator to the penthouse...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    ""he got one yesterday, besides Jesus had long hair." She retorted, "Jesus walked everywhere he went, do you want to give up your car and walk?" ..." Panhandle girl, post #99, page 1

Heh, heh...

I would have replied, "Yes, and Jesus wasn't baptised until he was 30, so why are you people baptising children??"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wasn 't there a "suggestion" to wear your name badge at all times as well?

All this smells like they are desparate to be relevent in whatever city the convention is. No one notices, no one cares. Stop trying to bring attention to yourselves.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I guess,just to be safe,Witnesses should just sleep in their meeting clothes,the whole duration of the convention.

One other new rule they have,is when going out to eat after the convention,to not change into more casual,"comfortable" clothes. And yeah,keep the badge on.

I always preferred to change clothes before going out to eat after the convention. It was more comfortable that way,and I was still dressed modestly,just not good enough for them,I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit