Absurd WT Control in April 2012 KM

by LostGeneration 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Witchtower's Sanhedrin can practice spiritism (fornicating with the god of religion) but YOU must dot every i and cross every t.

The game is up you enemies of the unabridged "good news" and its message of freedom. Go home already GB. To your father the devil that is.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Part of it's a control thing, but I think it's advertising. It makes the witnesses stand out. People dressed like that arriving as families aren't business travellers and it's odd, out of place. While it maybe wouldn't be what you would think of as a good message, being wierd, it does get people to hear the name brand, so to speak, when they ask whats up. Its rediculous but when viewed from the perspective of a business not at all that strange. Companys come up with all sorts of stupid ways to both promote a sense of unity within the workforce and get the companies name out there.

• umadevi
    umadevi

I am truly glad that I am no more part of the WTS cult. I remember how hard it was for my young son to wear plain tshirts after the convention. He couldn't understand (neither could I) why Jehovah would not be pleased if he were to wear colorful Tshits with pics and captions. He used look longingly at other 'worldly' kids when we go shopping.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

We have to make a minimum 4 hour drive to the ASSembly... Not a chance we're stopping to change before checking in!

Hmmmm could be a good thing to bring up in conversation, gauge responses.

I remember at a convention last year when I had JUST started to wake up. The speaker held up the little pamphlet about dress and grooming when visiting bethel. He explained that this was a guideline from the FDS for everyday. This is how we should look when we show up to someone's hose for dinner, or a small gathering. That hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought, 'who the F do they think they are?'

I looked around, people just glazed over. Staring at the stage, taking notes like this was direction straight from the big guy himself. It helped impress on me the control these old farts really have over the sheeple.

The fact is, the more asinine the claims, demands and "suggestions" from the GB, the more people will be willing to disobey. It might even help some wake up! I know it helped me.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

how would jehova think if we all turned up to the convention dressed like this?

• blondie
    blondie

Another case of straining out the gnat, and gulping down the camel.

So jws are supposed to show up at the hotel in suits and dresses?!

So what do they wear when they go swimming in the hotel pool...........while at the same time the jw children are not supervised and drive away the non-jw customers, while mom and dad and their friends get bombed, and children run the elevators like a carnival ride. Or mom and dad go out to eat, leave children unsupervised and these children go down the hallways, knocking on doors, disturbing the non-jw customers. When confronted by the manager, these "holy" children tell him to f... off and then when the manager talks to the parents when they return, are told he is picking on them because they are jws and their children never did that.

I guess if these children had been "properly" dressed they wouldn't have done this,

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So what do they wear when they go swimming in the hotel pool

Modest bathing suits, perhaps...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I coulda done without seeing that, thanks

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You're welcome!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'd have to keep the Bible on my lap during her baptism.

my big reference Bible, that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit