Emblem stupidity, and the bizarre dance of the confused memorial-taker

by cedars 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

On top of the condesending manner, the invite also provides only 3 possible choices but doesn`t identify Jesus as the `Saviour` for mankind as I understand that most if not all Christian religions consider him to be.

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD - I think you should start a new thread focusing on your discovery for all those that missed it. Something along the lines of "Memorial invite: here's a question to which you obviously won't know the answer..." should do the trick!!

I think it's worthy of more exposure, and people might miss it if it's confined to this thread...

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars, I'll take it under advisement. But actually it wasn't my original thought, I just reposted what another brilliant mind here at JWN observed. Just passing the info along, my friend!

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

My favorite memorial memory was being an attendant passing the emblems between rows. We had one 90 year old partaker that fell asleep between the bread and the wine. When I received the glass back there was an entire bite of bread floating in it. He fell asleep before he could chew and swallow! Knowing there was another partaker a few rows up I delicately scooped the bread from the glass and quickly shoved it in my pocket!

Needless to say the suit went to the dry cleaners the next morning!

• Fernando
    Fernando

A bizarre dance indeed. Clueless emblem stupidity.

A circus act conducted by infantile and blind Pharisees in a religious/physical/carnal/temporal ceremony designed to mock Jesus and hide the spiritual dimensions and real meaning of communion (spiritual intimacy with Jesus).

The Pharisees' main problem with Jesus continues to be that he still insists on leading people away from the Pharisees and Sanhedrin (Governing Body).

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Now that I re-read it the leaflet is decidedly odd. It asks for my opinion then implies I don't know what my own opinion is, not even that it is wrong.Why would I go to a KH to hear someone tell me what my own opinion is lol. Good spot

Maybe I should go and find out what I want for dinner tonight?

• designs
    designs

Let's bring back Transubstantiation.

• blondie
    blondie
    The whole thing evoked memories of memorials of years gone by where the talk-giver actually seats himself on the front row to receive each of the emblems before getting back up on his feet to continue with his talk.

Another gnat thing........definitely not in the bible........just another part of the reject Jesus party.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

GromitSK: Why would I go to a KH to hear someone tell me what my own opinion is?

Exactly!

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Got there eventually lol Doh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit