Are you attending the Memorial this year?

by XPeterX 82 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

My 4th year of not going! NMKA

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

I guess I have to go...but out of protest I missed the theocratic school/service meeting tonight, too many darn meetings in one week!

• misguided
    misguided

NO!!! 2005 memorial was the last one I ever went to, actually the last time I ever went to a meeting. Something snapped in my head, and I realized I was never going to enter a KH again. When people talk to you through your children and not to you for shunning reasons, it clicked...this is a CULT...I was outta there, forever.

• Quarterback
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

No, the last memorial I attended was 2004.

• just Ron
    just Ron

No! The invite postit on my door did not have a day or time.

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

I'll go, just to see everyone's bewildered/apostate-glare face. Got good word that I'm on their shitlist, it's a public event. They can't throw me out. I'll be recording if anything. I recall them snatching the wine and bread from my mother because she was DF'd, I wonder if they dare do the same to me now that it is known that I'm an apostate.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Nope, not going. For the first time ever in my life! (I was a born-in.)

• cedars
    cedars

I'm reluctantly going for the first time since my "awakening", although I'm dreading it. It's kind of something I am forced to do to keep my family happy. I promised when I declared myself inactive that I would continue going to the memorials as a peace offering, and my word is my bond - at least for the time being. I see it as a small price to pay for my family's happiness, even if lends credence to the significance of their beliefs somewhat. That said, I intend to be the last to arrive and the first to leave. I will be out the door the moment the last "amen" has been uttered, faster than you can say "Brother Cedars, fancy seeing you here....". It would take a rugby tackle from Jonah Lomu to keep me inside for any attempted love-bombing.

I think only now can I finally understand why so many family members would turn up at memorials never to be seen again until the following year. They were doing it purely as an act of love for their brainwashed family members. They were the true examples all along, and I didn't see it.

Cedars

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Nope. I will not even be there in spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit