Are you attending the Memorial this year?

by XPeterX 82 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

It would mean so much to my very elderly parents if I went. I hate that religion so much, but I adore and love my mother and father. My sister and I, along with a couple of good friends have decided that we will tell my parents tomorrow..."We will go to the Memorial to honor you, but absolutely no other reason."

• bigmac
    bigmac

nope--that makes 32 years in a row.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes been to 16 in a row now. Maybe this year will be the last.

• undercover
    undercover

I warned her that I might go all MST3K during the talk

LOL... now that's a great idea...

Some years I've not gone, but other years I have. Depends on family. I'd like to say "no F'g way" ala OTWO, but at this point it's still up in the air. It'll be a game time decision as to whether I'll suit up or not...

• heathen
    heathen

carla I think it had something to do with the "observer class" they invented but we all know it's about selling books and mags to people that are dragged along by friends and family because people are curious about it . I remember the first one I attended as a child and had no clue and was told not to eat or drink and thought it very strange .

• justmom
    justmom

Absolutely. My husband and I and two sons are going.

Yes, every year until Jah says no more. NO NO not to worship and celebrate WITH them as they pass over Christ by passing over the emblems.

It is to SHOW THEM how they are an anti-christ by not entering and or allowing others into a covenant that is open to ALL and receive life as a result.

And... we go.....Out of obedience to our Lords voice and spirit which says, Romans 10:14-15 "How will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they preach unless thay have been sent forth? How comely are the feet of those who, declare good news of goiod things!"

The tables are turned on them! And yes we are disfellowshipped so it may be the most effective and productive way WE may be able to give a witness.

Looking forward to it. Our loved ones (peoples) are still enslaved inside!

justamom

• Diest
    Diest

This will be my 3rd aniversary of not going.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Yes, but only for appearances; I’ll be (not listening) thinking of all you lucky non-attendees while I’m there.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Nope. I'm going to sit out in front of the house, drink some cold beer, and smoke a nice Don Lugo that my buddy gave me. I might call crapola and BS for a while. It's gonna be a beautiful evening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit