Are you attending the Memorial this year?

by XPeterX 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • finally awake
    finally awake

NO NO NO a thousand times NO!!!!

I plan on drinking a lovely glass of port out on my front porch. I may even eat some potato chips.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no, now 10years of no

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Just Mom: I wish you all the best.

I will be attending as usual. Haven't missed in over 50 yrs,

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

No I feel bad if I go. One of the elders invited me this week. I didn't feel like discussing with him so I just thanked him. I will do it at home. I think the awful thing is that some feel because of my lack of attendance I have no respect for what Christ done. Where did they get that idea?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Yup, I'll be attending, God willing.

And I will partake of the emblems.

And I will have my Kingdom Interlinear

to follow along with some of the Scriptures.

Oh, and I think I'll have to do something to

protect my injured pinky, the one I use to lift

while sipping.

And will talk to anyone about the freakish

weather we've been having in New England...

Is global warming one of the Signs of the

Last Days?

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

The memorial.. the most twisted ritual in the entire JW playbook. You gotta admit, it takes balls to have 99% of the believers refuse to take part of Jesus' sacrifice without any biblical backing and even while reading the scriptures where it is simply stated that everyone has to drink the wine and eat the bread.

Kinda strange isn't it? Most important event of the year and Jesus didn't even give clear instructions for most of his believers in the present day. He didn't say "Oh yeah, except for a whole bunch of other sheep in the future, they don't have to do this, they only have to watch with respect." No, instead Jesus only gave clear instructions to a small minority of his believers. He's so smart.

It will be my second year of non-attendance and I'm proud.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

we will be arriving fashionably late, wearing lots of bling - and then we will be enjoying all the after attention that is given to those who don't attend meetings regularly.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

This will be our 3rd year of non attendance but only the second out of choice.

I am so happified to have found the the truth about the truth that if I have a sip and nibble of anything tomorrow it will be in my own home and I will be raising my glass in a toast to JWN and all the wonderful people who post here!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Amelia ! I shall join you in toasting the good folks here ! If I ever am forced to step in to a K.H again, and I don't think I will, ever, it would certainly not be for the "Memorial".

To attend is to give the impression that you still believe in some way, all the Dubs there think to themselves "See, he cannot totally leave the Truth, he still believes, he is just too weak to live the Truth".

Attending certainly does nothing to help anybody else wake up, and lends a false legitamacy to the thing.

The whole thing is an embarassing farce, I could not stomach it.

So, an emphatic NO !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit