Kingdom Hall remodel - scam

by Dagney 84 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

now i know why i sttopped donating 10 years b4 i finally left

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I have a question. When a KH undergoes a renovation......does the local congregation ALWAYS sign the deed over to the society?

Our local hall underwent a renovation 2 years ago. Does this mean that the society owns the KH?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Our local hall underwent a renovation 2 years ago. Does this mean that the society owns the KH?

It's a bit technical but this is what goes on:

The congregation gets a loan from the WTS's Kingdom Hall building fund to which all congregations contribute.

As part of the deal the congregation accepts that the RBC will take over the remodeling.

Also if there isn't a phrase in the congregation holding ownership of the KH that the WTS gets the goods if the congregation disolves or merges then the congregations incorporation charter gets ammended accordingly.

The congregation's incorporation bylaws must state that the officers of the incorporated congregation are those persons currently serving as elders in the congregation, and the WTS is the one who appoints elders to serve in the congregation.

One benefit to the WTS is that the actual value of the building and property is tied up in the local congregation's incorporation until they decide they want to liquidate it.

And the best part is that it doesn't cost the WTS a single cent, everything resulted from donations, yet they have ultimate ownership whenever it suits them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They are preparing for the 'massive apostasy'! Better get hold of the KHs before they turn out apostate so they can sell them.

WOW! This prevents the members of a Cong from seceding from the JW Organization and keeping their KH.

If they decide to leave, they start over with nothing.

Doc

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Wifey and I were talking about KH rebulids and I introduced this topic to her. I said here's the scenario. We own our home. It needs work and we have no money, but, we have equity. So we go to the bank. The bank says, "Here's x amount of money, at x% rate, for x amount of years. In a normal world, the "lendor" would put a lein on the property so that if u don't pay it back, they can sell your home, or, if u sell your home before u pay them back, they will get paid in full from the sales proceeds." That's normal.

Then I told her. "What the Society adds to that is u also hand over all ownership of the property. So now, you are paying back a loan on a property, that you no longer own. So in the end they have your money and your property."

Even Ms Wifey in denial saw through that crap

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

What happened? what a good analogy

• Scott77
    Scott77

May be this is the reason why the Society discourages its adherants from persueing higher education that would liberate them from the Watchtower education. Most JWs are high school graduates who are content with their present status. I am not surprised that many end up being controlled. They cannot think logically.

Scott77

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I know for a fact that the local hall in my area is paying 3% interest. Probably a long term loan.

MTM

• oppostate
    oppostate

From DO Brown W. Payne at last CA in Natick, MA.

"The work is on-going, we're not looking back, there's Kingdom Halls to renovate, others to sell and to buy new ones"

"Look at what brothers can accomplish when we work together, look at this beautiful Assembly Hall"

His high pitched delivery gave me the impression of listening to a Realtor on too much caffeine. He went on telling about Patterson and Upstate NY, mentioning expansion in Branches around the world.

Then came the accusations. If you call into question the organization's progress you're taking Jehovah's name in vain.

And the doozy...

Everyone who desires a higher education degree is seeking prominence for their own name.

Why not rather do as a young sister did, say no to a full scholarship to a worldly education and pioneer, then quoted the sister saying how happy she is as a pioneed and volunteer at RBC projects working for the Kingdom's interests, by helping in the organization's increase.

We too should be more concerned about the sanctification of Jehovah's name and not our own.

There's much to be done and keep busy with. There's no time to waste in worldly pursuits.

-----------------------------

The costs for this weekend circuit assembly at this "beautiful assembly hall" were $18,000+

Whatever was left over from last CA, we were told, the elders had voted, and as is the custom, decided that all funds left over would be sent into the Branch for the Worldwide Work: $13,000+

BTW, Bro. Brown W. Payne reminded us that every Friday before a CA or Special Day, we can volunteer to clean the Assembly Hall so that all the friend can enjoy this "beautiful assembly hall", and this is a work that very much needs to be done and brings praise to God. Aren't we thankful to be able to meet in such a "beautiful assembly hall"? (Unanimous applause from the appreciative "friends").

----------------------------

I was thinking right about this time that maybe the mult-imillion Assembly Hall in Barcelona, Spain which was just sold to the United Church of Christ perhaps not as "beautiful" maybe?

• jworld
    jworld

I've heard of so many halls that had to be remodeled or torn down because they were built so awfully. Several halls had mold problems. I suppose they have gotten better with the "quick build" technique but it still seems to be a shoddy way to construct a building.

Also in my area, there has been a large increase in the number of KH's being sold. I have no idea where the congregations go since these halls are in the middle of the city (so do they end up driving across town to a larger Multiplex hall?).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit