Kingdom Hall remodel - scam

by Dagney 84 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The highest bid? OK that's just absurd. It would never happen in the real world. What happened to the referance that early Christians had no temple. While prosyltizing, when asked where their temple was, a common response was that they had no temple. Well I guess they do now. Let's all bow down in the temple of the God of Real Estate and Hard Money loans

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Not true. They stopped charging interest on loans about 6-7 years ago."

R U sure? I am not that far removed and I could swear I remember the elder going over the remodel costs and mentioning the "moderate" interest charged by the borg

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I forgot about the not charging interest anymore (I think my father in law said that to me back in 2007).
    Then it it's about skimming off the top and keeping the WBT$ name on the deed. The remodel done for a cong I was in back in 2007 was never really completed. There were many little things left undone and when I left that cong last year there was stuff already in need of repairs. It was definitely not worth what they had paid for it.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My mother's hall is going to be remodeled soon. I mean they could update the bathrooms and they really need new chairs,but I don't see the reason for such extensive,expensive work. The local congregation is actually responsible for most of the work. If volunteers are doing the work,why so much? I think it's like 120,000 dollars worth,they have $90,000 so far. They mentioned some have not contributed what they wrote down they would.

I've noticed when one has work done,on their car or home,the labor costs more than supplies. So I'm wondering....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's top dollar costs and remedial work ability. I remember some of the "contractors" in the hall with thei shady work. The KH that I was introduced to eventually really needed work done. It was one of the oldest congs in the city of Los Angeles. The roof always leaked, the air went out all the time, and in the winter it was an icebox. The amount of work put into the new KH was ridiculous. All along the way there were major issues caused by faulty work. One notable one was that the foundation was laid at an angle and when they started building, thigs were lining up. That took modification of plansa and back to the city for approval. The electrical was a joke and failed inspection. And then the roof. It looked like the work was sponsered by the Braille institute. It was so far off alignment that they had to tear it completely out and start over. So all these major cost over-runs, and shoddy work, by the "professionals" in the cong.

It would have been a lawsuit in any other circle

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

At our hall..we were given a 0% loan for remodel as long as we paid it back in a very short period of time. And even though the building has long been paid for by the congregation and yet our reserves were low, inorder to get that loan, we were to turn over hall ownership to the society. Since the congregation had to vote on it, and no one is going to raise thier hand against, it got passed. I notice some of the elders know this is crap since the majority of them didn't raise thier hand fore or against. The thing is, people just don't think about it..its a decision made on a whim. Group dynamic type stuff i think. Also, we were asked for a one time donation to the congregation that would help pay for atleast 50% of the loan up front so it could be paid off quicker. After a couple months, we raised the amount needed and even had a surplus. Well, guess what happened to the surplus. The elders sent it off as an extra donation on behalf of our congregation...sneaky choice of words after it was announced. The surplus did not go to our loan payment. The congregation is relatively poor as it is..i think the society is crossing the line.

Also, as a side note. I'm sure all people are aware of the part we had at the meeting on the donating of gold. I find it funny that they would have a complete part on this (giving us the process on how to go about it) being that the price of gold has been reaching all time highs for the last few years.

Conclusion...the WT is a strong publishing, real estate, and precious metal business.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

right, and that's why the CA, and DA always start with a deficit. Any and all extra donations from the previous assembly are forwarded.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I never heard about there being a talk or part on turning in gold, where could I find more info on this?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I remember being told from the platform they accept all gold jewellery even if it is broken. Just put it in the box at the back with other donations for the Worldwide Work.

However, I don't remember them saying "but not gold crosses or christening bangles as they are part of Babylon the Great!" Lol

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

in order to get that loan, we were to turn over hall ownership to the society.

The many conniving and deceitful aspects to this organization are both shocking and disturbing.

Give gold , give money, hand over your will when you die to the WTS.

The WTS. has really gotten greedier for money over the years.

But hey the most egregious and most profitable take from a financial perspective is the handing over of the land titles of those KHs.

This is where the real money is being cunningly grabbed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit