Prelude to a disfellowshipping

by rory-ks 63 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome. Quite a story and I hope everything works out in the best possible way. Have to check the blog out.

• cognac
    cognac

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your blog. I wonder what the elders are going to do.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Welcome! I look forward to reading more of your blog. Thank you for posting the link to the "Fresh" documentary as well.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

Phizzy - I agree with you. It isn't safe to blog about one's beliefs. That is the point I was trying to make: The organisation wouldn't want to set a precedent - that's why I feel sure that some action will be taken. Someone earlier mentioned marking (as did my work-mate), but that seems to me to be a blunt instrument. Still...we'll see.

EmptyInside - I am sure they will not make any announcement without informing me first. For a start, my wife would be appalled if that happened. Also, they are kindly fellows. Even if the decision was to treat it as a disassociation they would probably give me a seven day window in case I change my mind because of the reality of the situation. I think that is the problem they face: Should they form a judicial committee and treat it as a case of apostasy, or should they treat it as a disassociation. Again...we'll see.

Thank you, once again, for all your kind words and welcoming messages.

• JAFO
    JAFO

G'day, and welcome, Rory!

Almost certainly they are waiting on the CO's visit.. you've presented them with a conumdrum, and they're not sure how to handle it...

• free @ last
    free @ last

marked

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I have been invited to a second meeting with the same two elders that spoke to me five weeks ago. Sunday, March 18 at 6.30pm.

This is what the elder's handbook, Shepherd the Flock of God, has to say in chapter five under Determining Whether a Judicial Committee Should Be Formed - subheading, Offences Requiring Judicial Decisions.

Apostasy: Apostasy is a standing away true worship, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment. It includes the following:

Deliberately spreading teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses: (Acts 21:21, ftn.; 2 John 7, 9, 10) Any with sincere doubts should be helped. Firm loving counsel should be given. (2 Tim. 2: 16-19, 23-26; Jude 22, 23) If one obstinately is speaking about or deliberately spreading false teachings, this may be or may lead to apostasy. If there is no response after a first and a second admonition, a judicial committee should be formed. - Titus 3:10, 11; w89 10/1 p. 19; w86 4/1 pp. 30-31; w86 3/15 p. 15.

Causing divisions and promoting sects: This would be deliberate action disrupting the unity of the congregation or undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah's arrangement. It may involve or lead to apostasy. - Rom. 16:17, 18; Titus 3:10, 11; it-2 p. 886.

I'll let you know how it goes.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome the the forum Rory.

I'm looking forward to reading your blog tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Rory,.

As I mentioned on JWR get a digital recorder and record it all, also leave it in the room, covertly and excuse yourself to the bathroom just after it gets interesting for some later review of what is being said out of your presence.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

A belated welcome to you.

Your meeting is tomorrow.....and I wanted to wish you all the best, and look forward to reading about the outcome.

Paula x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit