Prelude to a disfellowshipping

by rory-ks 63 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

welcome, rory-ks!

Sadly it seems that you're about to experience the true face to the WTBTS. But it appears you know what's coming.

May you find comfort and solace here among many that have undergone similar circumstances.

00DAD

• Londo111
    Londo111

Rory,

Welcome. I like the title of your blog. No matter what happens, we will be here for you.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

The Mormons have a better idea. They have "Family Game" Night

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome to the board. Nice first post. You probably will have some interesting things to say.

Think About It

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Rory, you have a PM

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome rory-ks to JWN. Are you an American citizen? Did you disagreed with any WTBTS's religious doctrines in your blog? If you are an American, didn't disagree with doctrines, and the WTBTS disfellowships you, you should write a letter to the Treasury Department, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and Americans United (AU) asking them to challenge that the WTBTS is entitled to receive tax exemptions under Title 26 §501(c)(3), because they infringed on your rights to freedom of religion and speech by disfellowshipping you and there by promoting other JWs to shun you (i.e., read an article in the July 16, 2011 Watchtower, Study Edition) . Writing to the aforementioned organizations may not help, and it will not hurt your situation.

In the 1970's and 1980's the IRS revoked the Title 26 §501(c)(3) tax exempt status of Bob Jones University and Goldsboro Christian Schools, Inc. because both organizations prohibited students from having interracial relationships while attending their religious schools. The Supreme Court sided with the IRS in BOB JONES UNIVERSITY, GOLDSBORO CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS, INC. v. UNITED STATES. 461 U.S. 574 (1983). In the past the Supreme Court has narrowly construed tax exemption and taxation of religious organizations in its decisions.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Wishididntknow
    Wishididntknow

welcome to the board.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Great blog Rory. Thanks for sharing! Several interesting articles I've already read- very philosophical I like it.

Especially learning about " Litost"!

...Please Sir...may I have some more????

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great first post and welcome to JWN.

I've really enjoyed some of your blog posts. Your perspectives on "Christianity" are practical and refreshing.

All the best to you.

om

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum. Do you have family that accepts your new views or will they shun you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit