Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Emeth, I appreciate you responding to my request for an answer via PM .. The Bible doesn't appear to answer this question, and God has not spoken to me or anyone else for (at least) centuries.. You have avoided the question. Why has Jehovah designed animals to inflict suffering on other animals, and why are they being allowed to endure such painful deaths when they have committed no sin? This does not seem just or loving.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Having come across this thread, it's strange, it's something that I've never understood. The bible teach book doesn't seem to answer.
    The things that you see on some nature programmes make you wonder why Jehovah made animals in this way. He must have given the snakes the ability to produce venom, and some parasites do horrendous things.
    Why??

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Father was unable to answer this question for me. This wasn't surprising for me as JWs have never been able to answer my questions. I just get the Silence and The-Deer-in-the-Headlights look.

I find this Epicurus quote applicable:

Epicurus

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

That Epicurus guy knew what he was talking about.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Something else that is key is this... Jesus Christ supposedly paid the ransom for all of our sins by his death. Therefore suffering should cease. The ransom has been paid.

Soooo.... the ransom is either meaningless or it's all mythology.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Adam and Eve sinned, so they were effectively cursed by God to experience suffering that they would never have known. But no animal has ever sinned. They are incapable of such a choice. Was there meant to be animals with cancer, or not? Why did God allow this to happen?

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Why did god make it so that imperfection would be passed on to adam and eve's offspring if he apparently knew from the moment they sinned howbadly humans would suffer because of it?

I remember the memorial speaker on monday talking about how imperfection conforms to the 'Law of Genetics' but that just got me wondering, don't jws also believe that god create all universal laws?

For someone as all-loving as god is meant to be to look at a newborn baby and make them have to suffer for the rest of their life because their parents ticked you off is just ridiculous. Not to mention that he supposedly did this for every human being that ever existed since then.

The dented bread pan explanation doesn't really help explain anything. It just shows how an all-powerful god is too lazy to use a different bread pan

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Also keep in mind that whatever species of creature exists today, from the most microscopic to the largest [ perhaps not counting sea life ] all came into existence since the Noachian Flood, according to the Bible. So either disease and parasites and other nasty things always existed , or Macro-evolution took place since the Flood. Whatever the case may be, the WTBTS has no answers for any of us. Just wait for the "Special Talk" coming up. It will be nothing but re-heated spiritual "soylent green" mixed together from dead men's fantasies.

DD

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I dare anyone to ask an elder this question after the talk.. ;)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Adam and Eve sinned, so they were effectively cursed by God to experience suffering that they would never have known. But no animal has ever sinned. They are incapable of such a choice. Was there meant to be animals with cancer, or not? Why did God allow this to happen?

THis is one of the things that woke up me. I could not see any logic in why animals suffered the same way as humans do. Cancer, disease, death , why? If God created humans perfect, what sense is there to make animals imperfect? Why create anything imperfect? Why would any creator or manufacturer create anything that is not the best he can come up with?

Yes we were able to create an excuse for humans losing their perfect status, but purposely creating imperfect animals doesn't really make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit