You may be a jw if.....

by just Ron 76 Replies latest social humour

• just Ron
    just Ron

If you have ever spent the whole day fixing the mower at the kh you may be a jw.

• just Ron
    just Ron

If you have ever spent 6 hours mowing when it should have taken 2 if the others had showed up to help you may be a jw.

• extractor
    extractor

...you feel smug arrogance when you think of others at Armaggedon, and quiet terror when you think of yourself at the same event.

• Zordino
    Zordino

If you think 99.0% of humanity will be obliterated and the WashTowel Bable and Crack Society become the World Leaders.

Can anyone say " La La Land?"

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

no offense to any aussie or kiwi reading this. but there was a man who refered to australian money as real currency.

i feel there needs to be a correction made.

australian currency is the queens dollar which means australian currency isnt australian currency. unless i missed the removal of the union jack from the flag.

not an insult when i say this. just facts. the global market doesnt waver and grow by the australian version of the pound. if the yankee dollar loses value the world shakes. if a euro loses value the world shakes. if a ruple loses value the world shakes.

but there arent any reports of australia shaking the global economy when their money loses value.

so as not to hijack a thread

if you think the watchtower is incapable of making mistakes. defend their errors by saying people make mistakes. then look a study in the eye and make the claim the watchtower society has never made a mistake...you are a jw

• just Ron
    just Ron

If you have seperate bags for books you cary in service and ones you carry to meeting.

• jemba
  • still thinking
    still thinking

In reply to arko

The Australian dollar is currently the fifth-most-traded currency in the world foreign exchange markets behind the US dollar, the euro, the yen and the pound sterling. [ 3 ] The Australian dollar is popular with currency traders, because of the comparatively high interest rates in Australia, the relative freedom of the foreign exchange market from government intervention, the general stability of Australia's economy and political system, and the prevailing view that the Australian dollar offers diversification benefits in a portfolio containing the major world currencies, especially because of its greater exposure to Asian economies and the commodities cycle. [ 4 ] The currency is commonly referred to by foreign-exchange traders as the "Aussie."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_dollar

I think his point was that janitors and window washers are used as examples of the uneducated...which simply isn't the whole truth and offensive to people who do this type of work or own these types of businesses. I am sure the particular poster on this thread that mentioned it, was only stating this as a fact given the numbers he is aware of. But overall on this site the example does often seem to be used as a joke. ie...elders who are only window washers or janitors who think they are the shit because they are in a position of power even though they are nothings. It is usually meant as a put down. I can see why FSP is sick of reading that givien his profession.

It's interesting how people look down their noses at others professions. I have done a number of different types of work, factory, supermarket, office, sales, advertising. The more white collared it becomes, the more up their own arses they become. The worst I have experienced by far was advertising. A job is a job, and just because someone does clerical work as opposed to physical work does not mak.e them superior in ANY way. It's just a classic case of people determining their identitiy by what job they do. Ridiculous!

sorry off track....you may be a jw if you refer to people as 'ones' all the time...young ones, married ones, single ones, older ones....grrrrrrrrr

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

when you have a birth day you feel sick instead of happy

• just Ron
    just Ron

@ Found Sheep

Some of these are sad but true. It makes me feel so sad for all the pain I put my kids through. My oldest had an awards ceremony at boy scouts last night. He and my middle son got 4 patches each for being in just 2 months. The oldest just yelled out as we were all leaving "I'm glad we are not jehovahs witness any more." At that moment I was embarrassed and proud at the same time. Embarrassed that every one new the pain I had put my kids through. But proud he felt liberated enough to express his feelings. Now out of guilt I will have to open my wallet even wider when he celebrates his 1st birth day that will be his 13th. Makes me wonder just how smart is he?

If buying over priced snacks at a gas station on saturday is the highlight of your kids day you may be a jw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit