Clear distinction of people on JWN

by cptkirk 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I think you are all spambots generated by my ISP to make me waste my precious broadband allowance responding to your computer-generated posts. Go on, admit it! You are all a bunch of robots. I'm the only real person here, aren't I?

• Celestial
    Celestial

Is there a "Clear distinction of people on JWN" with JWs on Facebook?

That's my question. After reading some of the threads/posts on this forum, I wonder how many here have a Facebook page with active JWs on it. I have hundreds of people on my Facebook friend's list. A good number of those individuals were once one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but left the organization. Differences relative to JWs were obviously put aside to connect as mutual friends.

I can actually demonstrate/link hundreds of Facebook pages of Jehovah's Witnesses with former members of the faith as friends. However, reading some of these threads/posts on this forum leaves me with the impression that some differences may be irreconcilable. It may be that virtually anyone can connect in the artificial world of cyberspace with little or no common ground. But there are real people (or should be) behind Facebook accounts (especially when they have their actual face for an avatar).

• cantleave
    cantleave

That would make me a Hybrid of #1 and #7

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

trans

yes you are right

• Azazel
    Azazel

Well im a #6 i really didnt want to be disfelowshipped and asked to not be yet they still did it to me.Best thing in hindsight they ever did.Now im free to Morph into class #666 which is "I dont give a shit for your stupid degrading putdowns of people you dont know list".

Az

• sizemik
    sizemik

I'm an #8 . . . yes definitely an #8

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

I would say I'm a 7! Or maybe more of an 8 hmmmm

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I don't think that it is that clear.

No 1. I was exemplary. I was recognized at work and school because of my good conduct. I was raised to believe that our conduct was either a good or a bad witness. I was never in trouble in the congregation. I was good in my conduct with the opposite sex. Turning down sisters advances for sex on more than one occasion and finally I was able to find reasons why it wasn't the truth as I thought it was.

No 2. In some ways I was a failure. I never made servant or elder or was never used as an adult to carry the microphone. I rarely answered and was on and off of the School some times for years at a time.

No 4. I've not heard voices but I have had bad supernatural experiences and I believe in demons.

No 5. I sometimes go to the Kingdom Hall but with years inbetween I don't believe most of it but it is warm and a good place to read the bible and recently spent half an hour encouraging a brother to continue to go.

No 8. I was raised in it and yes it was really hard going in the last ten years before I stopped.

I dont think you can categorize and classify people so easily. I think part of the problem for me in the hall was this. I was a brother and from a young age I remember sitting there thinking one day I'm supposed to be an elder and give talks etc. I had no desire to do any of those things but I did desire to please God and it was a great conflict as I got older.

• cofty
    cofty

1 & 7

• flipper
    flipper

Well, I consider myself a # 6. And I agree with Mrs. Jones - don't think that we are that rare of a breed ! Many of us have moved on and are having wonderful, happy lives , myself included. I just hang around here on this site because I've made some really great friends here and I want to assist newly exiting JW's who join here to start thinking freely and see that they can MOVE ON after exiting the Witnesses. So, a lot of us are NOT screwed up like you say

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit