Just tired of the label "Apostate".

by rjl15225 34 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

Great post! Wholeheartedly agree with you!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Since the WTS. publishing house is an apostate to the bible and its teachings , what are you a apostate of ?

Think about it

• justmom
    justmom

Great post Rjl....

and yes I too have been called worse. In the beginning days other than them labeling my husband and I an apostate we were accused of molesting our children also. (greatest level of hatred in a mothers eyes) And the truth was molestation was going on inside the congregation with our son.

But it was the fear they had to keep in the congregations so people absolutely rejected us cuz we were very strong in the congregation, pioneered and my husband partook at memorial. And we didn't fade out...we were shown through holy spirit who and what they were and we stopped attending meetings in about 3 weeks. So......you know what hit the fan. And all our families are inside.

Accusing someone of so-called apostacy in the WT eyes is liking sinning against the holy spirit. So members are petrified of you and thats exactly what they want. So they don't listen to anything you say that could cause question or a door of opportunity to open.

But yes, as you mentioned individuals can make themselves apostates and groups and organizations can also. As a whole, the WTBS are apostates in themselves really some of the reasons you mentioned. As they put themselves in the position of "Christ" as they say salvation comes through them. And baptism is into them like most organized religion tends to be. But one of the biggest apostacies is 'denying the Christ'... No by what comes out of their mouths but what their actions are and what they preach. They bypass the christ and go straight to the father, jehovah. (going to pharoah first instead of joseph) and they "shut up the kingdom of heaven (which is christ) so that they themselves don't go in and noone else goes in by not allowing members to truly decide to come into the new covenant and take communion which is vital for everlasting life, forgiveness, mercy etc... (they actually try to talk you out of it at memorial) John chapter 6 christ says ANYONE, the society says only 144,000. How can you receive any benefits and promises from a covenant open to you that you allow people to talk you out of.

thanks for your post

justmom

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Religious groups that are as fundamentalist as the WT have a habit of demonising their enemies so that they do not have to address the arguments against them.

They have a habit too of changing the meaning of words "Atheist" for instance was used in the past as a derogatory word, it did not mean that the person had no belief in God, just that he had left the religion calling him that.

The problem is that the poor mind controlled JW will listen or read no further once something has been labelled "Apostate". I tried to get a guy I know to take a look at JWFacts.com and this site, he has been inactive and non-attending for well over a decade, but he said he will not look at Apostate sites.

I reasoned with him that even if someone like Adolph Hitler or Saddam Husein were to say something that were true, it would still be true, the source, whatever you label it , does not matter, but I don't think I got through.

That is what really annoys me about the WT's usage, it is simply used as a fear inducing tactic to stop JW's finding out the truth about the organisation they support.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "A long story, but my Sisters (JW's at the time) pulled some real nasty shit so that they could have the memorial service for our Mother in the Kingdom Hall without my knowing about it. Unfortunately for them, I found out about it just a few minutes prior to the service. Being that I had aquired some friends in the biker community, I called a few of them and we rolled up on the service (now before you start in on my disrespecting my Mother, we had held services for her prior to this at the cemetery placing her ashes respectfully in their resting place) wherein we backed up our Harleys into the entry of the Kingdom Hall and proceeded to provide them with a twelve pipe salute! ..."

Ooooooooo.....

You're EEEEEEEEEEEEE-vil....

I LIKE that...!!

Zid the She-Devil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit