New To Studying

by DylanBeam 85 Replies latest jw friends

• DylanBeam
    DylanBeam

Hi, I am new to studying with the JW's and would like to know they best way to start. Any Suggestions?

• designs
    designs

What is your interest in the JW religion and the Bible. Do you have family who are JWs.

• DylanBeam
    DylanBeam

My grandmother had been one for years and my interest is knowing where to start on my long journet of knowledge?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome dylanbeam,

you will learn alot here, just let your fingers

do the work and right click that mouse :)

• designs
    designs

I might recommend using some good Ancient World History books and a set of Encyclopedias along with your Bible so you get a broad education on the era that the Bible covers.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Best place to start is Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron....

• undercover
    undercover

Here's a novel concept...

Study the Bible

Start in Genesis.

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth..." explore that verse and the next few. When, exactly, did God do this creating? How long is a creative day? How did light come to be...before the creation of the sun and moon?

And when the JW uses a Watchtower book to answer those questions, cross reference it with scientific reference books. Make sure the WT answer jives with what the scientific community has proven about the planet we live on.

If you get past the first chapter of Genesis agreeing with the JW viewpoint, well.... good luck. You're gonna need it.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Welcome Dylan,

Do you have any particular questions? There are members on this board with extensive academic background as well as members with rich personal experiences.

I am sure any question will be answered by multiple real people.

All the best.

-Yan

• DylanBeam
    DylanBeam

Like what publication made by Watchtower is good to start with? How do you guys go about studying publications?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Like what publication made by Watchtower is good to start with? How do you guys go about studying publications?

"The Divine Plan of the Ages" is a bit of an eye opener

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit