Victoria, Australia: The long edition (new) of Part 2 of Steven Unthank's report of molestation/rape within the Traralgon Cong.

by AndersonsInfo 79 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Azazel
    Azazel

Sorry all to have gone off topic and i wont do that again.

This is too serious a thread to digress,Just making the point that info can be supressed.

Sorry all

Az

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The media could cause more of a problem if they stomp all over the story at this time. Waiting for a short time, at the minimum until charges are laid makes sense.

Waiting until charges are proven and guilt established would be even better, to jump the gun and get a non-story out may make later wide covearge impossible.

Just my opinion, but as an active JW I hope the whole truth is exposed, I have young children myself and wish them to be safe in the religion of their birth, all three of them are not old enough to protect themselves, and it seems the Holy Spirit is not moving Elders and others to protect them.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome to JWN Phizzy . . .

Not a bad 1st opinion.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

It says 8th Nov '10' that's a year ago.

Im not saying for a second that things can't be covered up but saying it doesn't make it true. Proof please.

If we all went along with not giving a shit about having proof then a lot of us might still be JWs.

• Azazel
    Azazel

OOOPS!

my BAD iCeltic

feel better

Az

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thank You Barbara!!

I agree with Phizzy I think once this case gets going and a trial actually begins, there will be media coverage. Right now investigations still seems to be going on and ground work is being laid.

I do hope the case gets good and nasty so those BG bastards can go to jail!

• life is to short
  • flipper
    flipper

PHIZZY- Welcome to the board ! Very nice to have you here. I'm so glad you are paying close attention to how this turns out in order to protect your children. This child abuse criminality is happening in many different religions, cults, and colleges across America right now. But it has proliferated in the Jehovah's Witnesses due to faulty and negligent policies from the top of the organization by the rulemakers themselves- the Governing body and WT legal department. In the Witnesses WT legal corporate attorneys have just as much, if not more power than the Governing Body. I hope police authorities get this right and the guilty parties are brought to justice and held responsible for these abuses. Peace out, Mr. flipper

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

One problem I see is that the United States corporation of the Borg can simply hang the Australian one out to dry if they need to, unless this same issue gets media attention in the USA. This is NOT a remote or local problem. It is organization wide.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome Phizzy.

I have young children myself and wish them to be safe in the religion of their birth, all three of them are not old enough to protect themselves

With all due respect, it is your job to protect those children, if God's spirit isn't motivitating His own Organization to do it ... don't you find something wrong with that? "God's Organization". Perhaps you should consider whether or not "the religion of their birth" is an appropriate reason to continue teaching them subjection to said religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit