WATCHTOWER QUOTE RE UN NGOs NAILS THEIR OWN ASSES!

by MadApostate 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Just to put it in the right chronological order: I remember that these articles were talks from the preceding DC, that must have been 1990. So the book may have been consulted in 1989 or early 1990.

• ISP
    ISP

Thanks for bringing this subject out of the mass of UN/NGO material that exists!

ISP

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I have always thought that this article and the 1979 article dealing with the YMCA memberships are really interesting wrt to this issue.

I have asked and looked for this. Thanks.

I did bring this article up at the touchtone web site and the witnesses at that web site just "brushed" it off as if it was no big deal.

But here is me thinking, okay this is the WTS saying having a relationship by having 24 groups "associating" with the UN is not good but then in Feb, 1992 the WTS is acredited themselves!

Talk about a double standard.

Anyway, tomorrow I will be posting a few more things on this internet site. I can tell you the new document has shows Don Adams as the president and Ciro as the representative. This is a chnage int he past where L. Barry was the the corporate director whose name was on everything associated DPI. But since his death someone replaced him and that someone was Don Adams.

I will post it tomorrow.

I have to go home now.

hawk

• dedalus
    dedalus

My mistake, foot in mouth, sorry Madapostate.

Dedalus, blushing

• JT
    JT

hawk

thanks for the info

looking forward to the Don Adams show

• MadApostate
    MadApostate
    I did bring this article up at the touchtone web site and the witnesses at that web site just "brushed" it off as if it was no big deal.

But here is me thinking, okay this is the WTS saying having a relationship by having 24 groups "associating" with the UN is not good but then in Feb, 1992 the WTS is acredited themselves!

I had not read this quote until it was posted today. The very first thing that crossed my mind while reading the first quoted sentence was that there was likely an excluded reference to "NGO status", because that is the only way that "twenty-four Catholic organizations" could be "represented at the UN".

Sure enough, checked the quote, and there it was.

As much time as you spend checking quotes in "WTS blood articles", I'm disappointed in you that in your online debate with JWs that you didn't think to check this one. :)

The JWs' "so-what" reaction was to be expected, due to no lack of finding numerous WTS quotes where the WTS criticizes "Christendom" for its "illicit" relationship with the Beast, since the "great harlot" pictures "Christendom".

OF COURSE, it's NOT the quote itself that is so condemning as is the EXCLUDED sentence that preceded the quote, which specifically mentions the "accediting" of religious NGOs to the UN.

That EXCLUDED SENTENCE better answers the posed question for paragraph 11 than does the next 5 sentences which are quoted.

As I have already pointed out above, the EXCLUSION must have been "intentional" due to what was going on in the backgroud unbeknownst to the JW R&F.

THIS IS BIGTIME EVIDENCE OF WTS DECEPTION AND HYPOCRISY!!!

PS: As you point out, after Barry died, one of the other Officers was required to be listed, so who better that the President-Adams. I'm like JT. Can't wait to see it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

MA, where did you get the quote you've listed as from "Prayer And Meditation At The United Nations"-- Robert Muller ?

Is this from a book, or what?

AlanF

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    As much time as you spend checking quotes in "WTS blood articles", I'm disappointed in you that in your online debate with JWs that you didn't think to check this one. :)

You don't know much I appreciate you finding this for me. This is absolutely huge when trying to make a "thinking" JW see this double standard.

I have looked for two weeks and didn't know where I was going to find this.

I owe you big time. Thx

hawk

p.s. - I should have the new DPI directory scaned & up by 9:00am est tomorrow.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

OH, the blatant hypocrisy!!! After downplaying their OWN NGO status, the WTS is once again caught with their pants DOWN. Of course, fathful JW's will continue to brush this stuff aside. As we know, they wll never brush aside contradictions and hypocrisy of other religious orgs.

Boozy

• anewperson
    anewperson

Alan, Patio said below here it's "off the CD-Rom with surrounding paragraphs. Paragraph 11 is in blue. [quote]*** w91 6/1 17-18 Their Refuge-A Lie!" Meaning from the Watchtower itself - bravo Madapple, maybe you're not so rotten after all :) P.S. why don't some of you fine gents email Randy & Kent to look at this string!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit