Religious People Live Longer

by mankkeli 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Who would even want to live longer when stuck in a disgusting, shunning, deceitful cult like the watchtower pyramid scheme tha't run by 7 paedophile protecting power trippers in Brooklyn?

Feckin' well kill me now, I'd say!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, colorful.

If living forever means being with those people, I'm going down with the fun and genuine people who love me unconditionally and don't feel a need to control my thoughts and emotions.

NC

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

don't feel a need to control my thoughts and emotions.

Women have thoughts and emotions? That a man didn't tell them to have or that it was OK for Oprah to tell them to have! I scoff heartily at this absurd notion! Absurd! Absurd, I say, to the same degree that some believe man came from apes or the earth revolves around the sun!

• donny
    donny

Well notice it did not state that any particlar religion made one live longer so the "truthfulness" of the belief has no bearing.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My father submitted a study based on his own research to the WB&TS. It showed that an usually high number of mentally ill people were becoming Jehovah's Witnesses. He was told to scrap it and never speak of it, again.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "A longer life for the religious? Lets see.....
    NOT for: JW's who need a blood transfusion
    NOT for: Penticostal snake charmers
    NOT for: REALLY sick Christian Scientists
    NOT for: Muslim Sucide Bombers
    NOT for: Thirsty Peoples Temple members
    Have I forgotten anyone??....."

3rdGen, you forgot the young Mormon men - teens, mostly - raised in those polygamous groups, who are thrown out to fend for themselves as soon as they become a "romantic distraction" for the young women that the Mormon elders wish to acquire as brides...

You know - when the strapping young men become sexual competition, that is...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'll say this about Makkitup's cultish idea that somehow following the WATCHTOWER extends one's life...

It's generated a thread with a NUMBER of totally clever, witty, FUNNY replies!!!

And since RELIABLE studies have shown that laughter DOES EXTEND ONE'S LIFE SPAN...

I think I'm a-gonna live to a HUNDRED, just from laughing out loud at all these great responses!!!

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and did anyone point out to Makkitup, that he'd better PRAY that being a Jehovah's Witness SOMEHOW makes them live a little bit longer than the general population...

Because the Jehovah's Witnesses are going to be waiting a VERY LONG TIME for "Armageddon" to get here....

They're going to need EVERY SECOND of that supposedly "extended" life span...

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Zid:

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

If it requires believing in invisible 'gods' who do 'invisible' deeds for the eventual benefit of those people who 'have faith' in those invisible gods doing invisible deeds, so that they too can become 'invisible' and continue on in the 'love' of those invisible gods forever, no thanx.

I would rather remain in the real world for a year shorter [on average], seeing real things, real people do them. Just seems a bit more sane to me.

I once had a neighbor who thought she saw people who weren't there, doing thing that were impossible to see or prove. She likes her rubber room now. Wonder why those who do similar things, under the 'religious' banner, get away with it, when she didn't. What makes their delusions better than her delusions? Oh well, mysteries and all.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit