How do Jehovah’s Witnesses arrive at their explanation of the Bible?

by mankkeli 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Mr. James Woods it sounds good. It's good enough for them. Their trappings.

Once a very nice brother gave a talk about how the world has become distracted like a magic trick. I didn't even know anything then, but I thought um, it appears we are talking about ourselves? Very strange phenomenon, it is, talking about self when you believe in your heart your talking about somebody else. Weird.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

bohm - You undermined the credibility of the links I sent to you as being written by someone else, what else do you want from me?. I am sure even if you receive an english translation of my works, you will still dismiss them because you think all JWN members are just some ex-window washers or what do those dismissals really imply?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Catalyst. It's funny. The definition of it is it stays the same. Is it hard Mankelli?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james_woods - Does the fact that we dont understand something provide substantial reason to dismiss it?.

Yes, most especially when that something is completely unexplainable except for the claimant claiming that "the holy radio told it to me in a dream".

It is, incidentally, the exact same reason I totally dismiss the book of Mormon being given to Joseph Smith on golden tablets when the golden tablets and the holy magnifying glass mysteriously disappeared so that I cannot see them for myself.

• bohm
    bohm

You undermined the credibility of the links I sent to you as being written by someone else, what else do you want from me?

no mankkeli, i asked for articles you had authored, you then told lie number one: that i could find them on google. that was not true, so you posted two links to articles which (a) was not articles and (b) not authored by you.

thats not undermining credibility of a link, that is YOU underminging YOUR credibility by (1) claiming to be able to present academic work and (2) not presenting academic work.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

james_woods - If you dont understand how an application software was programmed, does it provide any evidence to shield your self from using it? .How many of the things we use everyday do we understand their technicalities?. So, if you are unable to comprehend some spirritual insight, just display some sense of humility and let it be. By the way, It is faith you have lost and that is the background to acquiring spiritual insight

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You undermined the credibility of the links I sent to you as being written by someone else, what else do you want from me?. I am sure even if you receive an english translation of my works, you will still dismiss them because you think all JWN members are just some ex-window washers or what do those dismissals really imply?

What's wrong with window washing? There's some good money in that if you do a good job and have the right equipment.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

And talking about idiots, you --claim-- to have gone through the Finnish school system, which is known through scandinavia for its intensity and focus on english, yet claim to be so incompetent in the english language you are unable to write your papers at a norwegian university in anything but finnish; or let me make that clear, your english is supposedly so bad even your co-authors are unable to phrase your botched prosa into intelligable english!

wow.

I would love to have seen your half-year reports through your phd where you 6 times in a row wrote: "academic output: zero. studies going as planned. dont fire me just because i dont do any work, i am on 27 forums on teh intawebs"

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

bohm - Please could you kindly tell your own academic background?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    So, if you are unable to comprehend some spirritual insight, just display some sense of humility and let it be.

Do you mean the Cedar Point talk, or the Book of Mormon? How would I be supposed to know which is real and which is not?

My only reasonable action is to call them both B.S. if I cannot see a reasonable explanation - just like other religious claptrap, like Zenu the Alien or the Starship coming to get us behind the Hale-Bopp comet.

All four are equally ridiculous.

And you have admitted here that you have absolutely no proof of your favorite - the "trumpets" - other than blind, unreasoning faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit