How do Jehovah’s Witnesses arrive at their explanation of the Bible?

by mankkeli 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Say what??? Thinking different than the GB will get one in hot water, how is conversation possible? Parrots come to mind, which are dirty creatures, aren't they? AND What? "Only spirit creatures are dormant and stagnant"? Is that a mistake?

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

james_woods - Ask yourself if JWN has remained thesame since its inception in 2001 and do you think it will remian thesame for another 5 years?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The bible has purposefully been written in order to be subjected to interpretation, such exercise give room for spiritual conversation which not only help to upbuild the conversationalists but also encourages healthy discussions and interchange of ideas of spiritual values. The WT's inconsistent interpretation shouldn't be a big deal, it is part of the organization's effort to ensure that lovers of God's word enjoy and experience a progression in their study of the bible. Ask yourself this, is science consistent?, has scientific theories remained over the years?, is there unanimity in scientific postulations?,. NO!. This is an inevitable concept of knowledge and understanding we can shy away from.

The shirtless Watchtower fanboy is up to his red herrings again or is it a stawman this time... "Science changes so that means the Watchtower is innocent!" Boy oh boy oh boy. I hope you don't really believe this stuff, dude. You are just having a bit of fun, right? RIGHT?

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

Intelligence along with holy spirit is what interprets the Bible. The GB even say it is so, that holy spirit is the interpreter. Since their word is the last word on what it says, they mean they only have holy spirit. But the Bible says we can ask for it. So which is true? Have they taken the seat of Moses like it was prophesied or do we have the right to understand the truth differently than the GB does?

WHICH??

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Dude, you kinda look like Rob Mariano (Boston Rob) from Survivor...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james_woods - Ask yourself if JWN has remained thesame since its inception in 2001 and do you think it will remian thesame for another 5 years?

The differences are that: 1) - JWN does not have a JWN doctrine. 2) - JWN does not pretend to tell others what to believe. 3) - JWN does not pretend to be God's channel of communication to the world. 4) - JWN does not disfellowship people for a diversity of opinion. 5) - JWN does not have an official policy on the end of the world. And many others. If you do all the above, it is mutually exclusive with changing your mind every so often on your so-called god given doctrine.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The WT's inconsistent interpretation shouldn't be a big deal, it is part of the organization's effort to ensure that lovers of God's word enjoy and experience a progression in their study of the bible.

Two people I know died. One due to their stand on blood in line with the organizations understanding at the time. The other due to the understanding of the organizations view of organ transplants.

The progression or change hasn't brought joy to the those who lost their relatives.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

james_woods - JWN does have a doctrine, Most oy of my posts have been deleted several times without a single explanation from the moderator, JWN has 11 posting guidelines and threads are closely being monitored to clamp down on violators. So, I disagree with you.

Ucantnome - My heart goes out to those who lost their relatives. But note this, No doctor would provide 100% assurance of survival to patient even if He/She agreed to a transplant, so it is all about a trial and error.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Making your own personalized definitions of words (doctrine) surely does bolster your argument eh there Manky? Must feel nice being king of the hill in your own mind.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

Stupid is as stupid does. If everyone could please be as stupid as Forest Gump, then ah! world would be fine.

Most of your posts have NOT been deleted.....

Let's argue about stupid stuff. JWN is the same as JWs. It's not sad, it's not funny....I don't know what it is. ? Aliens out of volcanos! Maybe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit