"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Have anyone of you read, the absolutly jaw dropping paragraph in this article about a women who was hit by her husband? Its in page 25 of the 2/15/12 WT Study edition (I read the dumbed down version).

If there was any question, that the watchtowers stance is for wives to simply take it when their husbands abuse them, this makes it crystal clear.

Who the hell is scanning these things before they go to print? LOL

Hear that sisters? Your husband is beating you, forget leaving since thats out of the question, you CANT EVEN FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF, AND its probably YOUR FAULT since YOU havent being showing "acts of love" to him, even though he is an abuser and hits you.

Maybe I am just over reacting, but this seems like one of the worst things I have ever read in a WT in a long time.

• designs
    designs

Wife abuse has long been used by the Watchtower Leaders as an example of the 'good little subservient Christian wife' pattern. Criminal.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Watchtower interpretation of family violence: "B*tch was asking for it."

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Quote?

• unshackled
    unshackled

Yeah I noticed that too yourmomma. How dare she "try to prove a point"...that kinda thing is gonna bring on a beatdown. But just take the beatings and after 17 years he'll accept the truth. Abracadabra!

Here's that paragraph...

12 Selma recalls a lesson she learned
    from the Witness who studied with her.
    “On one particular day,” says Selma, “I
    didn’t want to have a Bible study. The
    night before, Steve had hit me as I had
    tried to prove a point, and I was feeling
    sad and sorry for myself. After I told
    the sister what had happened and how
    I felt, she asked me to read 1 Corinthians
    13:4-7. As I did, I began to reason,
    ‘Steve never does any of these loving
    things for me.’ But the sister made me
    think differently by asking, ‘How many
    of those acts of love do you show toward
    your husband?’ My answer was,
    ‘None, for he is so difficult to live with.’
    The sister softly said, ‘Selma, who is
    trying to be a Christian here? You or
    Steve?’ Realizing that I needed to adjust
    my thinking, I prayed to Jehovah to help
    me be more loving toward Steve. Slowly,
    things started to change.”After 17 years,
    Steve accepted the truth.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

OMG. That is repugnant. Did anyone notice what's missing from this experience? They didn't say the beatings stopped. I know they figure it's implied by saying he accepted the "truth." I think I will go to the hall and comment on that.

• poopsiecakes
  • Found Sheep
  • insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I am really stunned by this, but of course they will spin it to their advantage....but wtf, who is proofreading this stuff

• cofty
    cofty

Disgusting.

"Selma kicked Steve's sorry ass out on the street and called the police" - that would have been an experience worth sharing as an example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit