"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

They're not saying it's right to hit, they're saying if you don't learn to respect someone's limits bad things can happen.

AnneB, they're not saying it's wrong to hit either - that's the point. Wife beating is mentioned in the paragraph and subsequently glossed over, whilst the real "crime" at the root of the matter is highlighted as being the wife's failure to apply 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Surely you can see that?

Cedars

• AnneB
    AnneB
    they're not saying it's wrong to hit either - that's the point...

The point is how to dodge bullets, not how to judge others.

• Violia
    Violia

how do I copy that page so I can put it on face book? I am not that computer savvy, but want to share this abomination with all I can.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "They're not saying it's right to hit, they're saying if you don't learn to respect someone's limits bad things can happen. ..." AnnB

Really? Is THAT how you're justifying rage that results in physical blows and injuries??

Whatever happened to, "slow to anger..."????

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

No anneB, they are blaming the victim all the way. Its unacceptable and disgusting no matter what sort of sick reasoning is used.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Viola, at the upper right-hand corner of the posting area, there is a small tag marked "bookmark" - with Facebook icon as well as several others...

I suspect that will enable you to link it to your Facebook account...

Zid

• Mary
    Mary
    unshackled asked: If physical beatings are tolerated, what does the GB consider to be an 'extreme situation'? Perhaps cannibalism?

Only if the husband didn't drain all the blood first. Then he could be disfellowshipped for eating blood but she still wouldn't have grounds to divorce him. Makes perfect sense!!

• clarity
    clarity

Mary .......

{OK, here's an idea: How about I go down to Crooklyn and beat the hell out of one of the Slobbering Body members. A black eye, a broken jaw, a busted nose.....or maybe I'll just kick his balls through the roof of his mouth.......}

Classic!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Violia...you can also just save it to your computer. It depends on the browser you're using, but most have a right-click option to "Save image as..." or something similar.

• cedars
    cedars

The point is how to dodge bullets, not how to judge others.

I'm afraid that response is rather cryptic, can you clarify a little? Are you saying that it would have been judgmental for the Society to use this paragraph as an opportunity to denounce wife-bashing?

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit