"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agonus
    agonus

"If you don't learn to respect someone's limits bad things can happen".

Damn straight. And the WT's about to learn this lesson the hard way.

• freshstart
    freshstart

Fuck that shit! As someone who got beat to a bloody pulp almost everyday growing up (by my loving WItness parents ) this has me seething with anger!!!! It's misogyny in its truest form!! How could anyone in their right mind defend this load of horseshit? God really, if ever there were any doubt in my mind that MAYBE Witnesses have the "truth" (which there isn't) this would give me the answer. Shame on them and their fucked up culture!

• sabastious
    sabastious

From the Simpsons Movie:

Lisa Simpson: But I'm so angry.
    Marge Simpson: You're a woman. You can hold on to it forever.

LOL, the Watchtower apparently agrees!

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

AnneB - They are also not saying that an abused wife should seek legal help. They are clearly implying it should be tolerated.

If my daughter was married and her husband hit her I would not be encouraging her to put up with it or suggesting she needed to treat him better. You are living in different planet from me I can't begin to understand your thinking on this.

• zulukai
    zulukai

What really galls is the statement that " Steve" became a witness after 17 years of abusing his wife. What a marriage that must be. I remember reading an article in the 70's that told women they should

stay with their violent husbands because leaving the situation would expose them to "temptations" of a sexual nature. I couldn't beleive my eyes! Just showed what the so called brothers thought of women...

just mindless chattels who were supposed to crawl into bed all cut up and bruised, mentally and spiritually violated and engage in enthusiastic bonking with their braindead knuckle-dragging spouses! And

one day this psycho will become a brother!!!! Yay!

What a load of self-serving BS!!!!

What kind of woman accepts 17 years of abuse and comes out of it mentally and spiritually healthy? These articles show what the Society really thinks of women. "Bout time JW women woke up!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Skeeter asked for quotes; I think this is one of the best lines from the article - this is good old Andre - I mean, "Howard", again:

"He [Andre/Howard] says that many husbands are afraid that their wives are joining a religious sect that has deceived them."

Ah, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

And there are SEVERAL "examples" in the article of people who have REMAINED MARRIED to a non-believer for 15 - 18 - 21 years, and yet NO WHERE in the article does one read, "The elders were so kind! They showed me that I should not remain "unevenly yoked to an unbeliever", and that his opposition to my studying with Jehovah's Witnesses constituted "spiritual endangerment", and that I would be justified in divorcing him to safeguard my spiritual life and my opportunities to be in Jehovah's new World Order - er, Paradise..."

Every so-called "apostate" still married to a Jehovah's Witness ought to use this article as JUSTFICATION for the JW mate to REMAIN MARRIED and show "Christian Loveā„¢ " to their "apostate" mate...

Zid

• Lore
    Lore

Good advice: Don't be rude to your violent husband or he might hit you.

Much better advice: Leave your violent husband in a ditch.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It is truly sad how the WTS speaks of women being dignified in the org and then publish such trash about what bad treatment women should endure.

Wife beating should never be tollerated.

• ziddina
    ziddina

" I'd have told her to make Steve's ass some hot grits & molasses for dinner. ..."

Ah, Lore, "hot grits and molasses", when thrown into the face of one's attacker, tends to stick and keep on burning... Especially if one gets the grits [with VERY little water!] and molasses to the boiling point...

[edited]

Now me, I'd rather just crack him over the head with a cast-iron pan... Or do [again] what I did to my Jehovah's Witness ex-husband, who hit me ONLY ONCE.... And not very hard, either, but it WAS in anger...

I ran back into the bedroom, grabbed one of the rifles that HE insisted we buy, held it on him and told him that if he EVER hit me again, I was going to shoot him...

And by then, he knew I was a crack shot...

He never touched me again.

Zid

• sir82
    sir82

At the very least they are implying that beating your wife is understandable and should be tolerated.

Compare their silence on the morality of beating your wife with how stridently they condemn other "immoral" behavior such as masturbation, viewing the "wrong kind" of internet sites, and getting a college degree.

This is rather revolting, even by WT standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit