Do you have to deal with a psychopathic person?

by moshe 58 Replies latest social family

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

New Chapter...I so know what you are talking about...

Snoozy

• moshe
    moshe

I have a narcisisst in my family- they never seem to be personally upset about what happened- it's always someones else's fault. You can't voice any constructive criticism or you will be verbally attacked and given the cold shoulder. If you don't help them (again) you are not being supportive- an opposer of their success. Bringing up past failures of performance on their part, is just being mean an abusive to them. Keeping your distance is perhaps the only way to keep from being victimized by a psychopathic person- in their case, Murphys law does apply, " No good deed goes unpunished"

• designs
    designs

Watch the new Clint Eastwood Film on J. Hoover and think of who it reminds you of in the Wt. Leadership.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

But do psychopaths have to be narcisistic? My boyfriend isn't narcisistic. Yet the GB, I definitely see them as narcisistic psychopaths.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

My ex husband was a sociopathic narcissist who I was with for decades before I realized he was leading a completly double life. At first I couldn't imagine why he went to such great lengths to hide his true life from me. I came to realize in his case that it was an adrenaline rush to live constantly on the edge, to be involved in activities that are taboo even amoung non JW's. and make a game out of not getting caught. Another issue was money. He didn't want to divide the mariatal assets in a divorce. Narcissists think they are special. That the normal rules of society don't apply to them. He was handsome, funny, charming, intelligent, pioneer MS who was later appointed (by holy spirit?) to elder. Funny thing is he was a blast to live with. He was always upbeat. He had a way of making whoever he was talking to to feel they were the only one in the room. He could also cry on cue so that he could evoke sympathy. These are unique people who can pass polygraph tests because it doesn't bother them in the least to lie. In fact they often are delusional and start BELIEVING THEIR OWN LIES.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

3rdgen: Woah. That sounds awful. I just hate narcisists.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Besides people, we all deal with psychopaths every single day.

The mighty CORPORATION.

And i don't just mean the Watchtower either, although that type of 'religion' certainly sits atop the pile. But the very nature of a corporation whether is it a soft drink manufacturer, a media entity, a vehicle manufacturer or a pharmasutical company...the list can be endless.

All are after one thing...to take as much as they can and give nothing back. They will crush anyone including the founder to pursue the ultimate goal of the corporation, the protection and growth of itself. They have all the legal rights of a real person with little accountability. While appearing benign and even helpful they can turn as quick as a cat when threatened.

There was adocumentary a few years ago on this subject (2003). Corporations fit every criteria of a pshycopath. It's interesting reading. The youtube contains a W.H.O checklist of psycopathic traits...they fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5hEiANG4Uk

Oz

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Psychopathy and Politics seem to go hand in hand. Especially at the Presidential level. Especially.

• JRK
    JRK

One of my ex-wives fit the bill perfectly. If you are here, hi Mary Ann!

JK

• talesin
    talesin

Aussie,,, I believe the doc came from this book, which I have mentioned on an earlier thread,

The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power [Hardcover]

Joel Bakan (Author)

I didn't bring it up on this thread, because it wasn't taken seriously the last time (I'm just a woman, after all!),,, but now that you've mentioned it ...

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit