Are you sure leaving is a wise decision ?- Lurkers think twice- Part 2

by mankkeli 283 Replies latest jw experiences

• garyneal
    garyneal

Hey Man,

Why don't you come to either this group or this group and tell all of us former IFB's the same sort of spiel you're telling these former witnesses.

The Independent Fundamental Baptist churches all believe that they are the only church with the correct interpretation of scripture (and therefore, the only true religion), they believe that the world at large is ruled by Satan, they believe that only being active in their church can assure your salvation, and they believe that people who leave are not happy.

Here, I fixed your message in a format that you could take to these groups:

I get your point, but dont lets deceive people with the intention that happy times are ahead once you are out of the IFB. From a selfish point of view it appears that the control tactics the IFB churches use comes along with too many restrictions, but in the long run, it is just the most appropriate measure needed to coordinate decent living and inject sanity into an ever degrading human lifestyle.

You need to remember that in this world, we are not really "free" , even the so-called "freedom of speech" has its own borderline. We are all captive of one thing or the other at every point in time in our lifetime.

My message can be consummated with a proverb that goes this way "The devil we know is better than the God we don't know". That being said, Instead of dragging people out of the IFB with our version of twisted speeches and masterful misrepresentation of reality, rather, lets encourage them to make peace and get-by with the reality they are familiar with by enhancing their motivation to keep their senses while serving God and the church with their fellow brothers.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MANKKELI: "The devil we know is better than the God we don't know".

You're really scaring me. In your own proverb you metaphorically refer to the WTBTS as "the devil we know" and then exhort us to stay with "Him" rather than get to know the "God we don't know."

I think the Apostle Paul would take exception to your illustration:

“Men of Athens, I behold that in all things YOU seem to be more given to the fear of the deities than others are. For instance, while passing along and carefully observing YOUR objects of veneration I also found an altar on which had been inscribed ‘To an Unknown God.’ Therefore what YOU are unknowingly giving godly devotion to, this I am publishing to YOU. The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth." - Acts 17:22-24

• 00DAD
    00DAD

To MANKKELI:

After reading this and related threads recently started by you, I realized something: this is the perfect thread for you:

Arguments Wanted - Do You Like to Argue and Debate?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I get it. Manker is a coward. Oh, the unknown is sooooo scary. Better not go there. What a sissy. Go to the Wizard and get some courage, because as it stands, you have terrible character. BOO!

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

00DAD - My goal is not to argue or fuel contention, my pure motive is to keep lurkers away from information intended to undermine the credibility of the borg. Most of them have been JW loyal adherents for decades, the scheme and technique that has kept them in up till this moment will surely keep them going. Millions have remained JW till death, many could hardly recount any moment of regret, they wouldnt have even wished to have traded those moment with anything else. If they can do it, we can encourage others to follow suit.

Lurkers based on the thousands of posts I have read here, go and sort out your problems with your cngregation elders and dont expose yourself to disheartening disaster.

• designs
    designs

Someone needs to find an avocation.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MANKKELI - You may SAY your goal is "not to argue or fuel contention", but the reality is that is exactly what you are doing. It shows a stunning lack of self-awareness on your part that you don't clearly see that; this in spite of the fact that you have had HUNDREDS of posts giving you clear evidence to the contrary!!!

Your advice to "lurkers" is both dangerous and runs counter to your claimed intentions. If any would be lurker would take your advice to "go and sort out your problems with your cngregation [sic] elders" they would immediately be censured for expressing doubts and disagreements. At the minimum they guilt and feelings of worthlessness that plagues most JWs would just be increased. Depending on the "zeal" of the particular BOE where they attend, they could possibly even be disfellowshipped for following your advice! Please get the clue, Manky!

As for your concluding comment, "dont [sic] expose yourself to disheartening disaster", well what can I say to that but this: for anyone that is a JW it's already too late, much too late. In fact, as has been countlessly repeated here again and again in response to your OP, the ONLY hope to avoid a "disheartening disaster" is to get the heck out of the cult as soon as possible!

• Brad Wilson
    Brad Wilson

my pure motive is to keep lurkers away from information intended to undermine the credibility of the borg.

and just what credibility is that ?

Brad

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MANKKELI: "the credibility of the borg"

That would be one of the best examples of an Oxymoron that I believe I have ever seen!

That fact that even YOU, Manky, call them the borg shows the ridiculousness of your position!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    go and sort out your problems with your cngregation elders and dont expose yourself to disheartening disaster.

So after claiming you are not pro-JW, you attempt to discourage people who are having doubts from using avenues that aren't JW-approved to address those doubts?

And what does "expose yourself to disheartening disaster" mean? Sometimes people are more interested in the truth. And sometimes that truth can be painful. It doesn't mean it's better to live a lie, and to pass that lie on to your children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit