What percentage of assmbly experiences are total fabrication?

by NoRegrets 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Total Fabrication?? I guess that we can never know unless we know the people personally.

In my time though it used to work like this.. Bro X receives a privilege of an assembly assignment .Hooray! then he reads it to be "The Experiences"..Heart sinks !

He circulates his congregation and neighboring ones asking for support. Usually the response is minimal . He asks again stressing the urgency since the C/O wants to hear them soon. He co opts anybody that has had half an experience and helps them tell it in a way that sounds better than it was . Sometimes the telling goes way off the scale of reality, in order to make up the 10 or 15 minutes of allotted time.

The pay off is that he fulfills his task and pleases the C/O and might get a better assignment next time and the subject gets their 5 minutes of fame. Somehow the concept of "truth" is pushed aside.

An elder friend of mine (at the time) backed out of recounting one because he was unhappy with the distortion he was asked to put on it.

BTW.. The other Assembly items that used to turn me off were the ones where young teens were interviewed about their Witness lives. There was a panel, once, where they all came up with ideas for things to do as a group - wholesome things like walks, crafts, asking older ones to teach them things etc. We all knew that they hung out at The Pub and it was a script ! it was laughable....

• JRK
    JRK

I had a CO rewrite my family script. It had to be much harsher than reality. My father then later, unbeknownst to us, decided to come to the assembly. He saw our demonstration. It became a prophesy fulfilled, he hit us with everything he had afterwards. My chilldhood was a living hell. Many parts are repressed.

• JRK
    JRK

Thank you WT, for making my youth a living hell.

JK

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

How could anyone even question if they Are True or Made up.............

Go ask Andre!!! There was even a book written about him......or was that Alice? Or a Jefferson Airplane song???

You know.....

I think they're 100% Fake~!

• JRK
    JRK

Yeah, Andre. I was the first Andre. But I was real. And I had to sacrifice the rest of my youth to feed the Borg, just for a f**ing experience to feed the flock. My sisters did not have to go through what I did, but they were like me, out of the house at 17.

JK

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

After weeks and weeks of harrassment by my mom..

I was forced to preach to my 1st grade teacher..

That was turned into an assembly experience..

The real truth of what happened was never mentioned..

Assembly experiences are a farce..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Outlaw you just opened a memory Door.................

I remember hearing an experience about a Local Family.........

And it was 100% BS!

I can't for the life of me remember (or Care LOL) what it was but it was so Hollywood!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey CBJ..

I`ve been here a long time and have read alot of assembly experiences..

What shocked me was,they were all like mine..

They were all BullShit

Every friggin one of them..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm not sure of the exact percentage. My guess is that they are based on real experiences, but there have been creative liberties taken with them.

I do know, from personal experience, that, more often than not, the people relating the experiences are not at all the examples of spirituality and virtue they are being portrayed as.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

With districts, the account is looked at by the CO and DO in a run through about 1 month before the event. Here they often ask the person t say things in a certain way "so as to make the point more efficienty" etc. People are even encouraged to dress in a certain way so as to attract attention depending on the message. For example if a young person has a story with implications for the youth, they will encourage them to dress well and sharply (modern) so that the youths dont assume they are a geeky super JW.

Often the account is being potrayed in quite a different way by the end of it all.

The worst accounts I ever heard were about prayer being answered... with ridiculous godl interventions such as tax rebates, ministry shoes magically arriving at the door step from an anonymous source, getting a job/home when not expected etc etc etc all total bullshit. It made me so angry. How many people die of starvation as they use their last energy and breath to beg for gods help... while god is busy having a pair of Clarks size 9 hand delivered.. or ensuring the taxman hits + instead of - ......... People want to believe that there is a god manouvering their life... if only they looked at the non believing world around them.. guess what your not special and these occurences are not just normal, but common.

Very embarassing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit