Free Will and Foreknowledge

by TheUbermensch 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And Terry, I don't want my kids to be good because I make them be good. I want them to choose it for themselves, because that is who they want to be. The first scenario is meaningless

Absolutely NOT meaningless. When I would see my child doing something that could hurt herself or others, I STOPPED HER. Granted, my wish is that she would make the decision herself, but trust me, the moment I saw that wasn't going to happen, I interceded.

Just how long would you try to persuade a child to come out of the street or stop drinking the bleach please? No, we do not do that. We grab them and make them and we don't question the meaning of such things. Because we love them. Because that IS love. And that is how a loving parent treats their child.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew

HE is jealous FOR HIS WILL. Because he is merciful, forgiving, wise, and everlasting. And HIS WILL will feed all the hungry babies if the WE will let HIM. HIS jealousy causes a staying of us but maybe not.

• tec
    tec

Yes, and I should have been more clear. We teach our children to be good, yes... including stopping them from hurting someone else or even themselves (as long as we're present to enforce that, which we absolutely cannot be all the time) But at some point in their lives, they have to choose to follow those teachings... or not. We have to let them make their choices, and live with those consequences.

Free people... not slaves.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Does this sound like a god of love...punishing children to the third and fourth generation? Why would children deserve punishment for what their parents did or did not do?

They wouldn't. And that is why there is another scripture that counters this false teaching... that children are punished for their fathers' sins. Perhaps the passage in EXodus was a misundertanding, even. Because children do pay for their father's sins... in that they live with the consequences of the crimes and injustices of the generation before them, as well the unjust things they have been taught to live or believe.

Peace,

Tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Where the parents can't be there, others pick it up. We can't be everywhere, but when we can, we act. I heard a rumor that god could be everywhere. Most of us would not sit idly by as people starve millions of humans for political gain. But our strength and ability are severely limited, but we do all in our power to put a stop to it. Now if there were only someone with limitless power and knowledge. . .

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

"I am a jealous God, and there is no other God beside me." But by announcing this he indicated to the angels who attended him that there exists another God. For if there were no other one, of whom would he be jealous? – The Apocryphon of John (II 13:9-12) Shana

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Good question Ubermensch. The answer for me is a little simple. We must perceive time in a different manner. Possibly a skewed manner and God obviously does not perceived time in the same manner that we do. That is the only way that we can have free will and have an all-knowing God.

Think of it as being in a centerfuge where you feel like you are on your back. Out side the machine we can all see you are really just up against the wall vertically. Perception of space.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi Shana, he would be jealous of his own will be done. Because his will is the best for all.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    • "For insofar as there is jealousy, strife, and factions among you, aren’t you fleshly, and don’t you walk in the ways of men?" (1 Corinthians 3:3, World English Bible) [2]
    • "Let us walk properly, as in the day; not in reveling and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and lustful acts, and not in strife and jealousy." (Epistle to the Romans 13:13, World English Bible) [2]

Would God actually be acting in the ways of men? Doesn't he condem that sort of behaviour? How can a jealous god be the god that Jesus showed us.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Men are jealous for selfish reason. God is jealous of one thing, and not for selfish reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit