I told the baptist church pastor that I'm gay!

by TimothyT 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nateb
    nateb

Sounds like you're on the right path, Timothy, Just don't let anybody push you around or tell you that you're less than you are because they don't know who they are. Enjoy your journey. Spend some time alone in nature if your circumstances allow. Nature will accept you without judgment and bring you tremendous inner peace.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

United Church of Christ and Unitarian Universalists will take ya without judgement. I believe they will even perform marriages or unions as the law dictates.

• Giordano
    Giordano

While your exploring churchs in your area you might be interested in this: http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2009/10/manifesto-from-our-friend-bishop-john.html

John Shelby Spong was/still is(?) a Bishop in the Episcopal Church, he's been out spoken in defense of gays for 3 decades. The Sins of Scripture: Exposing the Bible's Texts of Hate to Reveal the God of Love by John Shelby Spong Is a good place to start.

Good luck with your search.

• screwface
    screwface

thats not neccesarily true zoiks. i attend a baptist church with my wife, and there are quite a few openly gay people who are members, and no one shuns them. As a matter of fact some hold positions too. It wouldn't bother me if Timothy or anyone else wanted to come and fellowship there. It depends on where you go, you cant be judgementive like the j-dub, we are suppose to be better than that!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Timothy,

Check out our Gay and Lesbian forum for JWs and ex-JWs. Join! Scott Terry runs it.

http://www.freeminds.org/lgbt-forum/

Randy

www.freeminds.org

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Randy, I must say that you actualy were (unknowingly) instrumental in saving my life. If it wasnt for your setting up freeminds, id likely have commited suicide by now. I have been a member of your forum now for almost 8 months and it has changed my life. Im SOOOO grateful to you for it!

So just to say, A BIG THANKS!!!

XXX

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks Screwface, but i think some of the others may be right too. I am going to an independant Baptist church who may have their own views of homo's. Perhaps your particular church is pro gay! I wish mine was. Well... it still could be. Im just toying with the idea of going again now. I dont see why i should chat with the pastor and explain myself. There is nothing to explain.

Are you in the UK?

xxx

• zoiks
    zoiks

Thanks for that clarification, screwface. I apologize if I came across as being judgmental; I was simply speaking from my personal experience with the baptist folks that I know personally.

It's good to know that there are churches like yours within the greater baptist community.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Has anyone heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? Should i look into them? HAHA!!!

PMSL

Thanks for sharing your reasons for wanting to attend chuch. I have found lying in bed until 11am and then having a hearty brekky sets me up nicely for Sunday....

Try it - you might like it!!!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's right. There is nothing to explain, so I wouldn't go into the meeting with him.

Sounds too much like a JC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit