Special day Last talk "No formula"

by MommieTiger 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nope no where near there. So that tells me that it was from a talk outline and is from the wt directly and not some lone Woodchuck.

My doubting friend's cong is the "host" cong for the upcoming assembly and the CO & DO were visiting. From what she relayed to me, the DO's talk to the cong was nearly word for word from what was quoted here. Plus, a statement something like:

.....we thought those who were 10 years old in 1914 and witnessed the beginning of the last days would live to see Armageddon. But how old would they be now? (2011-1904=107) Dead. Thus, we realize that we need to readjust our understanding of what Jesus meant about "this generation".....

OH. We need to adjust our understanding of this prophecy.

(Amos 3:7) . . .For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets. . .

I think it's loving and compassionate to let them know of this adjustment so they can plan their lives accordingly.

Oops! THEY'RE DEAD!

Don't you love this kind of prophecy.

DOC

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

"It's ok to have your own thought on our publications, and you may share them with your immediate family only....but you better not be thinking anything that is not there! Or your disfellowshipping will be another thing thats 'just around the corner!'"

• Room 215
    Room 215

"No formula?" What about 7 times X 360 days +2,520 years?

• life is to short
    life is to short

"ok to have our own thoughts on the publications as long as we share it with our immediate family only....and as long as its harmony with the Slave."

This is the line my husband as been pulling on me for the last couple of months. He said he got it from Bethel back when he was there in the early 80's it right after Ray Franz was kicked out. My husband said no one would talk about those dark times of Ray's.

My husband has bought right into all the crap and still totally believes this is the truth and God's only channel that he is using even if it is imperfect. He say see they are saying it is OK to think out of the box only think out of the box to yourself and keep in the box when you are around everyone else.

OK I just so want to scream AGAHHHHHHH!

LITS

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

wow!! i was at one day assembly on the weekend too. I didn't hear anything like that Mommyt. But then again, i am getting pretty good at tuning stuff out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit